Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Jks LOL

1 Like

I certainly donā€™t want to take away from your story as it was very specific with some new info in it but to be fair the Australian did report a week ago about Ali and Karl. Once again though, your details about where everyone was moving was interesting, so I am not discrediting your report in the slightest.

4 Likes

The specificity of my report was regarding a source within Nine confirming the story for me. The move to Nine HQ at North Syd tower later in the year being included in the story, some conflated the two, which allowed Nine to dismiss the report, but I understand I could have expressed that with more clarity.

1 Like

I agree it would be great to see Mel jump in, but I donā€™t see it happening.

Sheā€™s happy at Seven, on great money and I canā€™t see her giving up her weekends or setting the alarm clock again. Unless the offer was huge with perhaps 60 Mins thrown in.

1 Like

And Annette Sharp reported that Georgie was replacing Kruger next year, just over a week ago.

Mel works on weekend radio. If Nine were going to offer her a hosting role, it would be on the weekday show or not at all.

Yes indeed Sharp can speculate as she pleases. My report was regarding a confirmed source within Nine.

Melā€™s smooth FM show is pre-recorded as I understand it. And yes I agree that she would be only looking to take the main gig if it was on offer and if she was able to exit her Seven contract, which she absolutely cannot at this time as I understand it.

One would think Mel would be keen to join 60 ofcourse, but again I donā€™t see that as being on offer. Itā€™s also unlikely she would seek to join the hornets nest of the Today Show when she is reportedly very happy at Seven despite the cancellation of Sunday Night.

I donā€™t doubt that Mel will head up either a new project and or play a major part in Sevenā€™s Olympics coverage in Tokyo in some form next year.

Thatā€™s very kind re the ep role but not something Iā€™m looking for and not something nine is looking at changing. I believe Steve Burling deserves the opportunity to have time to create his vision of the show. Thereā€™s no doubt things were thrown together rather quickly at the end of last year and he has had to hold it all together.

From what I hear the production team really like him as a boss and as I say, he deserves the opportunity to succeed with a team he believes in.

8 Likes

Maybe you can be the O2C EP then? :wink::thinking:

Also, my biggest problem with the current hosts is that none of them is opinionated enough. Itā€™s as if theyā€™re so guarded not to offend anyone. Iā€™m not sure whether this is a directive from NEC or the hosts themselves. Anyone knows that playing safe doesnā€™t lead to anywhere. They should get someone whoā€™s got the shock jock personality like that of Piers Morgan.

If you were bullied, your journalistic and interviewing capabilities questioned and you were accused of seeking some sort of left-wing agenda, some criticisms which are from your own co-host, wouldnā€™t you shut your mouth?

No, that only means if they fold quickly, then theyā€™re in the wrong job.

Mels weekend radio shift is recorded.

2 Likes

Oh, itā€™s definitely time Nine just came out and announce it.

The secret is definitely out.

1 Like

https://www.6pr.com.au/podcast/karl-stefanovic-set-to-become-todays-prodigal-son/
Hereā€™s the ā€œconfirmationā€ from Peter Ford

3 Likes

All I can itā€™s good for morning tvā€¦ sunrise have had an easy run this year.

:laughing: ā€œis all but confirmedā€ is not confirmed.

I agree. Itā€™ll be confirmed when Nine releases a statement. Confirmation wonā€™t come from a gossip reporter or a random guy on Twitter. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

ā€˜Random guyā€™ā€¦ nice one. Perhaps review my linkedin or website if you doubt my credibility or experience.

In any event, my intention was not to dominate the conversation or to post regularly here as unfortunately it can result in negative personal attacks. Twitter is a challenge too as those who encounter a differing opinion often immediately seek to attack and de-platform.

Regarding the podcast and website, Iā€™m just trying to make a contribution about something Iā€™ve always been passionate about and analyse. If thereā€™s no audience for it or if people decide they donā€™t care or donā€™t like my approach thatā€™s fine.

back to you guys.

1 Like

Tuesday (05.11.2019): Brooke Boney and Stevie Jacobs are co-hosting with Deb and Tom today.

Lara Vella is reporting live from a P&O Cruise in Melbourne that transports people to the Melbourne Cup (something the weather presenter usually does). Tony Jones is presenting sport from Flemington.

4 Likes

Professional media writers were questioning the veracity of your information when that tweet, from a Twitter account that hadnā€™t posted in four years, was initially made. Iā€™m not about to review the background of every poster to ascertain credibility.

We seem to get quite a bit of information here from people claiming to be media professionals that turns out to be bull crap. Iā€™m happy for you, or anyone else, to post industry rumours. My issue here is multiple posters throwing around the word ā€œconfirmedā€ when it hasnā€™t been.

9 Likes