Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Are they using the song from The The?

No they don’t. Bauer Media us not owned by Nine.

Yes because all they do now is pedal bullshit stories.

Both shows will be fair game now.

I knew that was the plan…

According to New Idea, Karl was pleading to get back on Today

1 Like

I’m sure it’s true if it’s in New Idea. :rofl:

There are just too many rumours.

This is totally happening.

Yes, but which one of the rumours is true. :laughing:

All seem to revolve around Karl returning.

So that one! Haha

1 Like

This isn’t a thing it seems.

Everytime I’ve turned on since Monday they’re at the desk. Even for entertainment. Must have been a one day trial.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that. Sunrise, News Breakfast, 10’s Breakfast and even Today have had stints where they just use a couch to appear more laid-back. However, all of them brought in a desk not much later. What works is a combination of the two- desk for news and the couch for the lighter segments. Not one or the other.

1 Like

Andy Lee was asked to fill-in for Georgie/Deb :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Why not just get Hamish too to fill in for Georgie and be done with it?

Jesus. Talk about jumping the shark.

Screenshot_20191025-085651~2

6 Likes

As far-fetched and ridiculous as it is…call me crazy, but I actually wouldn’t be totally against the idea of Hamish & Andy co-hosting Today. :stuck_out_tongue: At least they have proven chemistry with each other! You could still have someone from a journalist background present news and sport. Their appointments would generate much needed publicity for the show and would likely result in more viewers watching.

1 Like

Well they’d lose my parents (who are in their late 70s). They’ve endured the changes of hosts over the past few years and some of the rubbish segments and content, but this would have even them turning over to Sunrise (even though Dad claims Kochie’s voice is annoying lol). They absolutely can’t stand Hamish and Andy and don’t get their humour.

27/10/2019: Weekend Today (Sunday edition) will be shown at 6AM in WA due to the Constellations cup netball match between Australia and New Zealand to be played at RAC arena, Perth.

It’s going to be a tough one to fix but I like what you have said. It’s probably about the best chance they have. I’d be very interested to how the numbers change from the get go.

I think the whole Karl drama ship has sailed and I don’t think many people care.

Georgie probably wouldn’t be part of a Karl return but Deb as co host and Ali on news. I still think Tom is better suited to 60 and not mornings television. Pull a Sport body from 7 or 10.

I don’t think getting Karl back on deck would be an issue, but Mel joining him would be sensational. I reckon they could overtake Sunrise again within a year under that combo.

Whilst 7 are currently undergoing a restructure good chance to nab some peeps.

Special coverage on the death of serial killer Ivan Millat this Sunday. They are interviewing detectives and true crime author Amanda Howard. 9’s Crime Editor Simon Bouda is joining the team on the desk today for further analysis.

1 Like

According to the Sunday Telegraph, Sonia is out at Today Extra and Georgie will be hosting it next year.

2 Likes