Today (2015-Sept 2020)

4 Likes

As has been mentioned above Allison Langdon has definitely been primed for the weekday gig - which is well deserved.

1 Like

Everyone wanted Karl gone until he left and now everyone wants him back. Seemed like Karl wanted out of Today himself too.

Really? Certainly not everyone. Some people can’t get over it.

omg who?

Yeah, I wonder who. :rofl:

Karl had to go. It was a mistake to axe all the others on the show at the same time. Maybe they should have sent Karl off on extended leave and just replaced him with Deb. If that had worked he could have been axed but if it hadn’t, then he could have been brought back.

Bringing him back now would be detrimental to the people on the show now, those that made the decision and the network in general.

7 Likes

It was a whole movement not just one thing. The media tearing down a tall poppy, the women angry at his divorce then the pay equality thing which Karl got the blame for then the trying to be progressive like the US counterpart with two women hosts.

It’s not just about being progressive. Deb is the best person for the job. In fact, she is more qualified for the job than when Karl got the co-hosting gig. Deb has been a journalist for 25 years, been a US correspondent, anchored main prime time news on two channels and has done radio. But more notably, she hosted Weekend Today for three years, has read Today news, filled in over summer and hosted for 3 months after Lisa quit. She was the most familar person for the transition.

8 Likes

Monday 21 October-

Tim Davies is presenting weather this week traveling to drought affected areas.

4 Likes

As of today, they now present the entire show from the couch (the laptops are very clunky):

A few news segments are presented from the desk and they still use the other standing area for some segments:

They got their wish- $200,000 to give away next Monday. It’s “breakfast highest ever jackpot…”

10 Likes

A different way to start the show, I kinda like it tho. I was wondering why something was different

1 Like

Much more relaxed. I love the couch and hope they use it permanently.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the 2012 set. That was such a nice set IMO. They used the space in the studio well.

9 Likes

So much better!

If they’re going to use the soft set, then they need a better coffee table - which I’ve been saying for ages.

2 Likes

David Campbell popped up on the ABC over the weekend…

1 Like

If someone mention this already in this forum
That they have a new segment called ‘Today is the Day’. When one of the Today hosts helped much deserve Aussies

4 Likes

That set was brilliant. A bit too orange for the Today brand but still very nice compared to the current iteration!

I’m guessing that they are easing in the smaller soft set area and reducing air time of the main area given studio space in North Sydney will be smaller? (So the move doesn’t seem as drastic to viewers?)

1 Like

Or they are just trying anything and everything in an effort to win viewers back!

9 Likes

So now that Nine owns woman’s day/new idea are they still gonna publish all these bullshit stories about Karl and the Hosts feuding on set? Or will Sunrise just cop the brunt of it?

1 Like

But Nine doesn’t own Bauer Media, who produce Woman’s Day etc.

Seven West Media is selling their Pacific Magazines business to Bauer however, who own New Idea.