Today (2015-Sept 2020)

The publicity around Karl returning would be huge! But doesn’t his contract end this year?
Karl and Alison with Deb or Georgie on news could probably work quite well . . .

2 Likes

Or maybe Lisa will be back next year :rofl:

His c. $2 million a year contract finishes at the end of 2020.

As expected, no cast changes announced at the Upfront. Interestingly, no presenters were named in the press release (despite Karl and Georgie being named last year). Georgie does feature in the 2020 banner:

Deb Knight and Karl were at the event and (oddly) Allison Langdon hosted the News and Current Affairs section…

3 Likes

3 Likes

From The Upfronts there’s Georgie, Tom, Stevie, Deb, DC, Sonia, Ally, Jayne, Dickie & Brooke on deck

2 Likes

Just missing Ally, Deb, Tom & Jayne who are at the Upfronts

6 Likes

Lucky you found them because Nine seemed to lose them in the Upfronts presentations. :wink:

3 Likes

Thursday 17 October-

Alex Heinke is presenting weather this morning.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Lots of love between Georgie, Deb and Tom…

Very different to this:

jpeg-1

But, if you want more of a critical analysis of a single photo, we can always count on the Daily Mail, including bringing up events of three years ago:

3 Likes

Oh look, an article of pure shit.

4 Likes

Saturday 19 October-

Alex Heinke is presenting weather this morning.

1 Like

Ben Fordham doing interviews for Today at the ACRAs.

1 Like

Annette Sharp claiming in The Sunday Telegraph that Deb Knight was originally intended to present at Nine’s Upfronts and was replaced by Allsion Langdon the day before. The article goes on to mention unnamed insiders saying Knight or Gardner, or both, are likely to be told at the end of the ratings year if they have a future on the show with Langdon being wooed to front Today from next year.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/the-nine-favourite-who-could-be-next-today-show-host/news-story/8a739ead9ce237f5439c640bc0a6d6ba

3 Likes

I thought it was strange that they would ask Allison to represent the news division when she isn’t a major contributor, compared to someone like Deb who is across Today, 6pm, radio and Elections . So, it is quite obvious that they have big plans for Ally next year (I’m going to say hosting Today with Brenton Raglesss or Tom Steinfort). Former Australian journo Stephen Brook said on TV Blackbox podcast that it was CEO Hugh Marks that personally wanted Langdon to replace Deb on weekends in 2018.

There isn’t room for both of them outside Today and unfortunately I think Deb will get the raw end of the deal. Georgie will likely return to 6pm and maybe have a wider network role and Deb likely demoted to weekends, hosting with David Campbell. There’s no way to positively spin that.

Unless they can somehow manage to give Deb a radio spot on 2GB somehow and they can they say she’s pursuing her passion of radio.

1 Like

Not another clean out…might as well just axe the program. Sacking more presenters will surely be the last straw for viewers.

4 Likes

Have to agree.
This will only damage the show even further.

6 Likes

I reckon it’ll be Karl and Allison with Deb on news.

Georgie back to 6pm weekends
Tom on 60 Minutes OR Today sport would be the best outcome.

Karl and Tom could bounce off each other like Cam, Ben and Tim before him.

Actually. I like that. Tom on sport.

2 Likes