Today (2015-Sept 2020)

yeah but its escalated

How? By him correcting his tweet and saying he would love to come on the Aussie version sometimes, and Tom, Dickie and Deb replying to the tweet to say he’s welcome anytime?

You sure do have some strange theories sometimes.

1 Like
8 Likes

Friday 11 October-

Tim Davies is presenting weather this morning.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s really funny tho. Literally doing what you said they could do when Karl was there; have a laugh with it

I’m surprised that the Twitter handles aren’t branded eg @NBCTodayShow or @NineTodayShow or something like that.

1 Like

It’s more lucrative to have the simpler handle on socials.

4 Likes

9’s should just be @9Today IMO. Keep it simple.

4 Likes

Weekend Today has adapted the weekday format where the two hosts and the newsreader alternate the news stories.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Arguably Pell has proven himself in the role and is well and truly out of Boland’s shadow.

Also, it was an interview. He didn’t just offer these comments up freely. He was asked questions and provided answers.

5 Likes

I agree with that observation, that’s the problem with clearing the deck, one loses continuity. Same at work when management decides on dismantling a project team and replaces everyone with nyoobs

I think there is a certain formula that once you get right, you largely stick to.

Australia has a pretty good formula to be fair. In the UK we get Piers and Brexit every single day.

Monday 14 October-

Georgie is back from holidays this morning.

EDIT-
Stevie Jacobs is also back from holidays.

3 Likes

Lovely to see Sylvia on the show this morning in the studio discussing podcasts with GG and Deb.

4 Likes

Its that time again.

2 Likes

They won’t announce any changes to Today until December/January. Remember last year, they were adamant at the Upfronts that Karl and Georgie were returning this year; Lisa and Karl the year before.

It’s a little different to new Masterchef judges… the current team have to front up each morning for the rest of the year. Not only would it be uncomfortable, it would involve the current hosts finding out they are being replaced publically.

2 Likes

I’m not sure they’ll leave it that late again this year. I would be shocked though if they announced them today. It would overshadow ANY other announcement today.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. Georgie and/or Deb may have been called to a closed door meeting ahead of the announcement. I think Georgie would breathe a sigh of relief if she were to find herself freed from the shackles of that show and returned to her old job.

Could you imagine the three month promotional campaign leading to Karl’s return to Today?

2 Likes

Absolutely, especially when she didn’t want to return in the first place. But, Georgie will still take it personally; no one likes being sacked.

See, I think if they announce it too early, they risk losing momentum and/or interest for a big launch.