Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I don’t follow either code and have zero interest in tonight’s game but I’m aware that rugby league is referred to as such in national media to differentiate it from the AFL. The word “footy” would never pass from my lips and I can’t remember the last time I heard the term in conversation.

We’ve strayed off topic. Let’s move on.

1 Like

I didn’t say that at all.

I meant in day to day talk.

I know it’s called Rugby League officially but most fans just call it footy.

Okay back to Today.

1 Like

Most people I know would say are you going to watch the Rugby tonight but ok.

This Week on ‘Today’

1 Like

What is the point of sharing these promo tweets?

4 Likes

“Footy” here in Qld!

3 Likes

THANK YOU!

The term Rugby is used to describe Rugby Union. League is used for Rugby League.

In NSW, ACT and QLD, Footy is used to describe Rugby League. The rest of the country use Footy for Aussie Rules.

Just to confuse things, Soccer is now being described as Football in Australia alongside Aussie Rules, Rugby League and Rugby Union.

2 Likes

Move on, any more posts on “footy” will see posters penalty boxed for a few days

4 Likes

Monday 7 October-

Deb is back hosting with Tom and Allison Langdon with Georgie on holidays this week.
Tony Jones is back presenting sport and Lara Vella is presenting weather this week.

3 Likes

Not gonna let such a terrible pun go through to the keeper!

2 Likes

Terrible puns? Into the bin!

4 Likes

Now what do people think about this?
Maybe Mel, Deb and David Campbell with Clint Stanaway, Dickie and Stevie. GG goes back to Nine News Sydney, Tom goes to Weekend Today and 60 Minutes and Brooke becoming a correspondent, focusing on Aboriginal and other issues.
Highly unlikely.

Mel and David with Brooke on entertainment, Steve on weather and Clint doing news and sports would be my choice with Dickie moving to Today Extra, but yeah Nine will probably stick it out with their current team.

1 Like

So Jimmy Fallon is confused how to get on the Australian today show on Twitter. Cant a producer just organize it? Also shame Karl isn’t there anymore or they could have a laugh off!

Thursday 10 October-

Jess Millward is presenting weather from Brisbane this morning.

3 Likes

It seems that’s all you can talk about. Move on, mate.

I think you’re the one who is confused here, Jimmy simply incorrectly tagged the wrong handle in his tweet using the Aus one rather than the US one as that’s the show he was appearing on - it happens from time to time given they are somewhat similar.