Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Lol calm down. Was one day.

4 Likes

The Monday post Logies last year, Today won by 14,000.

5 Likes

Stevie was on location for the weather today:

It is great that Stevie was out of the studio but, when we suggested that he needs to get back on the road because that is where some of Todayā€™s best moments were produced, we didnā€™t mean he should just stand there. When he is competing against Sam Mac, who delivers energetic and entertaining segments every cross, Stevie needs to be on his A game. He should have interviewed the kids and should have slid down that ramp (even if he just sat on the board). Isnā€™t that why he replaced Sami in the first place- because he was a ā€˜daredevilā€™?

4 Likes

I would just prefer the weather reporter to give the current weather and weather forecast rather than trying to be a buffoon in a sponsored segment.

6 Likes

Well I heard in the end of the video, Stevie is away tomorrow cause heā€™s going to Canada next week for his weather cross.

1 Like

Thursday 4 July & Friday 5 July -

Tim Davies is presenting weather.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Why isnā€™t Mark hosting segments?

I get the humour with this, but this is about the 3rd/ 4th time they jokingly tried to change the auto cue.

Karl was known for doing this and made the whole situation quite funny, to me that video above is just a failed replication and attempt to make Tom funny.

2 Likes

So they just keep a camera randomly behind the newsreader all the time like that do they?

So fake.

4 Likes

Nine News Sydney is suffering by wasting both Georgie and Deb on Today.

In 2020, Georgie needs to return to the news desk on Friday and Saturday nights in Sydney.

In regards to Today, their best shot would be to reinstate Karl after a year off.

Karl Stefanovic and Deborah Knight
News with Tom Steinfort
Sport with Erin Molan
Weather with Tim Davies
Entertainment with Richard Wilkins

Weekends
David Campbell and Allison Langdon
News with Lara Vella
Sport with James Bracey
Weather with Steve Jacobs
Entertainment with Brooke Boney

5 Likes

Brooke would be better to replace Sonia on Today X

Oh, how opinions change. A year or so ago, you couldnā€™t wait for Karl Stefanovic to get off the program:

Iā€™m probably in the minority of people who still thinks the toxic Karl Stefanovic had to go from Today and that the programā€™s format/overall content is a far bigger problem than either Georgie Gardner or Deborah Knight.

7 Likes

I hope you enjoyed searching back looking for that. :roll_eyes:

I thought this was legit. I donā€™t mind the line up tho

Stevie is presenting the weather from Newfoundland and Labrador in Canada this week.

Mark Burrows is presenting news again this week.

3 Likes

Others seem to feel the same way, with many penning articles about Karlā€™s return including former Today regular Claire Harvey:

https://dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/theres-nobody-else-like-karl-stefanovic-bring-him-back/news-story/5b21a4305eb0a6689b9226b630f27787

After his Logies return and the new series of This Time Next Year, I think Karlā€™s TV resurgence is just another awful reminder to the breakfast audience of what they are missing. At least, that is how I feel.

3 Likes

He could also do A Current Affair in the summer as a warm up for the audience for when he returns to Today.

If*

1 Like

Iā€™m talking hypothetically