Today (2015-Sept 2020)

guess who’s back!

4 Likes

Hopefully Dickie used the opportunity to beg Karl to come back and save the show.

2 Likes

Tomorrow on a special edition of Today.

1 Like

Do you think Karl will be a special guest?

I hope so, and that he does an offical farewell to viewers like Fatty did after being kicked off The NRL Footy Show last year.
But the chances of him even appearing tomorrow: 0% IMO.

1 Like

He’s clearly being interviewed by Richard with a Today branded mic though.

So he’ll appear for a little bit surely.

2 Likes

3 Likes

The old ones didn’t even last a year. These new ones look better, you can actually read it, but aren’t really on-brand. Actually a lot like Sunrise’s.

Quite humourous, isn’t it? Just 6 months ago they were disregarding his signifcance to the show. :repeat:

That won’t work… Dickie’s begging for his own air time.

2 Likes

Expect Annette Sharp to comment on the cleavage in next Sunday’s paper.

I don’t get all the begging Karl to come back stuff. For years people here pleaded that he be replaced and for years it was rumored that he didn’t even want to be there either. Both parties are free to move on.

2 Likes

But I would love to see Karl this morning

I wonder if ratings will spike tomorrow if people think he may turn up?

But despite Dailymail making a big story about it, I think Karl just meant hes waking up with Today tomorrow by watching it on TV.

vs

Why is the latter (courtesy of @Drew_1981 ) more entertaining to watch?

1 Like

5 Likes

My editing? :thinking::joy:

2 Likes

Tuesday 2 July -

Mark Burrows is reading news, with Deb now on holidays for a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

The post-Logies had potential for Today to shine in the ratings but unfortunately not. Monday rated lower than one episode last week. One bright point was that Sunrise ratings were well down and was just 40,000 ahead. Today won Sydney, Sunrise elsewhere.

2 Likes

That’s great. Hopefully a sign of the future.

2 Likes