Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Makes no difference where the presenters come from.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been told everything has been settled upon and a weekend announcement to be made - not sure if in the Nine newspapers or whether the News Corp guys will get it. No matter who does, it will be ripped and rehashed by the Daily Fail.

10 Likes

Thank you for the update.

I appreciate you canā€™t say specifics, but are you aware of details? And if so, what are your thoughts?

Not aware. Just an update from a mate who is a long term employee that has never let me down.

1 Like

It does. Thereā€™s a perception that Today skews NRL heavy and people in VIC, Tas, SA, and WA couldnā€™t care less about league.

1 Like

Exactly. Many people here (including myself sometimes) are so centred around the ā€œSydney & surrounds bubbleā€ that they donā€™t realise that the rest of the country couldnā€™t care less about Sydney news unless itā€™s of national/international significance.

Since Today is a national program which airs for 3.5 hours a day, the approach taken to the content, presenters & On-Air Presentation needs to be completely different to the 4pm/6pm news bulletins where you can get away with a bit more blatant localism (although even then, I still have concerns about the approach TCN often takes to coverage of news in Regional NSW for their bulletins - but thatā€™s for another time/thread).

I have never heard that before.

Interesting timing given Brenton was/ is due to return to the news desk on Monday.

1 Like

Hoping all the rumours are incorrect and we are surprised by the new line -up! :joy:

5 Likes

Where presenters originate from and a bias towards RL/Sydney focus are two different thingsā€¦

6 Likes

Looks like Sam Burgess is taking the heat of Karl for while now. But they managed to somehow make an article which has nothing to do with him about him. :smile:

First of all heā€™s a footballer, nothing will happen to him. second of all media have immediately gone on the womanā€™s side which seems to be a popular thing even though once again no one knows any details. People canā€™t divorce anymore without affecting their careers? Do the general public even care as much as the media telling us we do?

Is there a different style sponsor board being used for Today?

This one didnā€™t have the ā€œPROUD SPONSORā€ and Nine logo, and was almost full screen, whooshing in from the right to left of screen.

Tim Gilbert hosting again today even though he hosted the evening session of the tennis last night.

1 Like

As in until 11:30pm?

Yes and he did the sport on 9 News at 6pm

Wow. And I thought Deborah was a trooper!

Showing his commitment as nearly the last one standing/trying to keep his job?

2 Likes

Steve Jacobs will be presenting the weather on Weekend Today this weekend.

It will be interesting to see if there will be live crosses to Richard Wilkins in LA on Monday for the Golden Globes. Or if they will just use Sam Rubin.

1 Like

Watching A Current Affair the past few weeks, I actually wouldnā€™t mind Leila McKinnon returning to Today in some capacity.

3 Likes