Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Agreed! Maybe co host Weekend Today with David Campbell?

3 Likes

It would be perfect timing too cause I’m assuming A Current Affair will be off for the two weeks of the Australian Open, allowing Leila to return to either Today or Weekend Today.

Tracy can then return to A Current Affair after the Australian Open.

Another crazy suggestion from me. I kinda hope they’ve somehow snatched Melissa Doyle. She really doesn’t do much at Seven, and maybe she likes that, but it would be great to have her back on television in a more high profile program rather than being on one that gets shunned whenever Seven can’t fit it in its schedule.

Personally, I can’t see Mel Doyle ever returning to breakfast TV.

She seems happy enough to just be the presenter of Sunday Night (even though IMO, she should’ve never been kicked off the Friday/Saturday night editions of Seven News Sydney - no offence, Michael) and some voicetracked programming on Smooth FM.

3 Likes

I will be in the minority here but l would prefer Jayne Azzopardi as co-host with Davina Smith or Lara Vella on news.

1 Like

David isn’t confirmed for weekends, you know.

1 Like

No I didn’t know it wasn’t confirmed. Either way they’d make a good combination

1 Like

Na, not Jayne. She’s can’t be serious when she needs to be. She smiles throughout the serious stories as proven a few months ago.

I’d like to see David Campbell & Leila McKinnon with Lara Vella on News, Danika Mason on Sport and Steve Jacobs on Weather (providing he isn’t replacing Natalia, of course). If so, then Natalia back on Weekend Today weather.

1 Like

Has anyone made mention of Vanessa O’Hanlon? Because I could see them bringing her back to breakfast TV to try entice viewers from News Breakfast, since she appears be better at breakfast TV rather than a presenting a full regional broadcast.

1 Like

She’s not up to it. Have you seen here trying to get through a WIN NEWS bulletin?

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t think she’s been too bad on the national news the past fortnight.

1 Like

Getting Mel Doyle isn’t as dumb as it sounds

She previously worked for WIN?

1 Like

It definitely would be a very smart move.

Her children are old enough now. Surely she’s ready for a new long term challenge.

I respect if she’s happy doing what she’s doing but she’s much better than that.

Indeed. Aside from the fact I don’t give a damn what happens in Canberra, I don’t watch the 9 Canberra news because she just isn’t very good. Burrows is exceptional by comparison.

:rofl:

Yes, that’s how ordinary she is.

IMO, of course; the mileage of others may vary.

She did 8 years on News Breakfast which was probably enough for her, working on breakfast television is very taxing on a person and she is probably happy being away from it nowadays.

1 Like

I agree. On the Nine News Regional bulletins, Vanessa is basically an error-prone robot. She doesn’t connect with the viewers in any way and she regularly mispronounces place names.

With Jayne Azzopardi back from holidays she should be back on Weekend Today tomorrow.