Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Speaking of ACA, did Today feature in their annual “Best and Worst Shows of 2018”?

1 Like

There is a lot very confusing in that New Idea “story” which suggests it’s a load of bollocks.

• Thorburn “returning” to Nine now that Karl’s dumped? He’s only been dropped from one show.
  • Acknowledges Langdon as an existing host but then says she’ll be welcomed to the family? Huh?

It’s New Idea, it won’t be right. The headline is written in a way that NI is just trying to park some SEO value for when the announcement is actually made.

1 Like

Except she’s not applying for the job she’s being scouted for it.

2 Likes

Yeah they’re just making up stories for fun now. It’s pretty low to announce Sylvia is pregnant cause she held shopping bags in front of her. She will now think she’s got fat over the Xmas period or what if they have been trying but are having problems? She’s no Jen Aniston it’s such bullshit.

Also notice how now Karl is no longer channel 9 poster boy and the whole merger that Woman’s Day is now taking shots at him?

The merger of Nine and Fairfax has nothing to do with Woman’s Day. Bauer Media has owned it for years.

1 Like

The majority of the article is suspect. I was interested in the reference to ratings.

“The proof is in the ratings,” the insider explains. “The show saw a spike of 37 per cent among female viewers with Brenton

We have been closely following Today’s ratings and the total audience hasn’t improved so if there was an increase in the female demographic as claimed, the other gender(s) must have deserted the show!

7 Likes

No Idea can’t even get basic facts right. Brenton is the Adelaide news ‘anchor’, not just a reporter!

2 Likes

If that is the team, it’s not bad.

You’d assume that with that line up they won’t have a separate newsreader but I could be wrong?

Also Deb Knight would have to be most likely to fill in for Allison when she’s on maternity leave

1 Like

This. No Idea (and NoOne’s Day, for that matter) is about as credible as the Fail.

1 Like

But Woman’s Day have not been that bad compared to when he got kicked off Today. They are getting as bad as New Idea now

Because Karl had been giving them exclusives and was tipping off their paparazzi. But now…

3 Likes

With the rumours that Allison Langdon will be hosting Today, I wonder if Sylvia Jefferys will join Weekend Today as host (or newsreader if Jayne is promoted to host).

1 Like

All sounds very underwhelming.
They need new blood.

4 Likes

1000% agree. I’d prefer a whole new team with new faces. Brooke is a good start though. Still hoping for Tracy Vo. That would be good too.

2 Likes

Boring.

Lara Vella would be a better choice for Weekend Today, surely. Sylvia should be on national news.

3 Likes

Very interesting approach though by not hearing anything about the new show. It’s supposed to be starting in less than two weeks and no one even knows who will be on.

4 Likes

Hasn’t Nine already signalled she’ll be doing something in prime time?

True.

I really like Lizzie Pearl reading the news, she’s doing an outstanding job.

3 Likes