Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I don’t want to sound pedantic or rude, but please fix your spelling and grammar. It hurts my eyes.

5 Likes

There’s so many articles! New one is Karl wants to do breakfast radio. I swear some journos just read this forum and see people’s theories and run it as fact with a “close source” :roll_eyes:

Oh Annette Sharp would be loving this. It’s weird how Georgie doesn’t like frivolous banter yet her dry humour is perfect for it. It’s an end of an era, the show will no longer be funny at all, go to work with all the worries in the world. Today Honey lol

1 Like

Don’t discount the radio theory - there will be changes made to Macquarie Sports Radio, with one bit of chatter being that it will be more news and variety in the second quarter of the year. Perhaps people like Karl and the people behind 9 Honey etc will have an outlet on radio as well.

Yes, because after all NewsCorpse (and its creeptacular owner) is so destitute.

1 Like

You’re right. News Corp should make all of their content free. That’s a sustainable business model you’re proposing there.

1 Like

Nine Entertainment owns MacQuaryue Media Limited so why wuld they allow nNewscorp to do any Program on any radio stations owned by them furthermore Nine will do tgeirnews & sports programming on 954AM Sydney, 1278AM Melbourne, 882AM Brisbane & dab+ in Perth.

Anyone thinks that Hamish McDonald could be a good get for the Today show?

4 Likes

Absolutely!

Absolutely. Would be a HUGE asset for Nine.

I would actually much prefer Hamish McDonald to be co-hosting Nightline with Sylvia Jeffreys.

Unlikely now that he had signed on with ABC Radio.

Though I agree, would be a huge get.

Delete

I actually reckon that Sylvia should be the main newsreader at Nine News Brisbane instead and Loftie to read Nightline

He’s a pretty serious journalist, I don’t expect he’d want to dumb down his work for a commercial audience.

4 Likes

Hmm he’s doing the weekend Project now with Lisa. If Today is going back to serious news reporting, him and Georgie would be formidable.

Omg he would be brilliant. Yes!! Hamish for Today!

1 Like

Quite unlikely, but could we see the return of Tracy Grimshaw to TODAY and Sylvia Jefferies on a completely revamped ACA which fits into the “prime time” which has been mentioned in articles etc.

1 Like

anyone should start a campaign for this, it’s not too late yet… Hamish for Today!

Hamish, Georgie and Allison Langdon for Today. I’ll tune in.

2 Likes

Remembering how frequently she writes about Nine and usually with a negative slant, I genuinely wonder if Annette Sharp had a particularly bad experience during her time there (like being rejected for an on-air presenting role or something) as a network publicist back in the '90s?

Because for the most part, I don’t think Sharp has been anywhere near as scathing about her “coverage” of happenings at Seven or Ten…

No it isn’t because they haven’t locked anyone in.

I thought about this the other day. Whilst unlikely, Tracy is very popular in Melbourne.

1 Like