Today (2015-Sept 2020)

@avocadoTV If you turned on Today, you would see that they do the same. In fact they did it first.

Yea, so you don’t have to wait 20 minutes for news at that time of the morning regardless of what show youre watching.

Sigh. It was an example.

3 Likes

Y’all reckon that there’s gonna be a voiceover for Today? Just Like Sunrise.

1 Like

For anyone still doubting that Karl had to go, this is why. Just a toxic public feud that the show didn’t need to be associated with.

1 Like

That same article also outlines what Boney’s role will be:

The Daily Telegraph is also suggesting that Today will return to being a ‘serious news program’ because Gardner is “less predisposed to frivolous banter”

If that article is accurate (though it’s written by Annette Sharp so the usual warnings/cautions apply), seems like the central figure of the show’s recent past, present and future was/is/will be Gardner

3 Likes

This is so frustrating. Every single bloody article is locked these days. Doesn’t happen on SMH.

1 Like

How dare newspapers find a revenue source for their content.

10 Likes

Their poor children. Beyond embarrassing. They’ll be scarred for life.

Huge loss for Weekend Today yesterday, especially given the weekend version seems to have been more competitive with sunrise than the weekday version for most of the year. Also interesting that Perth of all cities was Todays most competitive market.

Im still not convinced a sudden cleanout of the entire presenter lineup is the smartest approach in fixing this mess - weve seen before how poorly audiences react to such radical change. It is going to be a long, hard, ugly slog and I can only see ratings and negative press getting worse in the months and likely years to come before things may turn. I hope the new replacements have thick skins.

2 Likes

Audiences were highly likely to react poorly to Karl being dumped anyway so Nine may as well cut their losses, clear the decks and start from scratch. IMO Deb Knight is integral in any rebuild. Nine would be insane not to use her in some capacity.

10 Likes

Could you see even morre ABC People signed by Nine since they are letting go a share of their "in House Talent)

completely turn that around and you’d be correct. These shows have minimal contact each day with the viewer. It needs to repeat. Very few people watch for more than 20 minutes.

Not going to happen when they hired an entertainment reporter.

5 Likes

Well its been huge for the Today Show with changes happening over this month. First, Mark Calvert resigned as Executive Producer after 5 years following the loss to Sunrise show in ratings battle. (This includes Weekend Today). Next, Peter Stefanovic quits Nine after 15 years at the helm. A day later, host, Karl Stefanovic has been axed from Today Show after 14 years. (2018 has been a very tough year for Karl as he had family issues, despite marrying Jasmine Yarbrough). And as of today, Karl’s sister-in-law, Sylvia Jefferys quits Nine after more than 5 years. 4 changes in one month. Incredible.

I do love it when we recap… :heart:
It’s like EP 1 of a new season…

3 Likes

Where did you hear that? I’ve only seen that she is leaving Today but staying at Nine.

She hasn’t quit Nine. She was punted from the Today show due to being a Stefandashian.

He was merely a reporter and hosted for a while. Hardly ‘at the helm’ of Nine.

5 Likes

today Signing Broke Boney after just 2 years as a mornng Newsreader at ABC Radio Youth Broadcaster Triole after just two years are a Radio Newsreader to replacer Richard Wilkins on Today as Entertainment reporter then putting Wilkins on Today Extra Don’t get me wrong Brooke is a talent and she will gain new viewers ti Cjannel 9 but she has not been ob channel in the pAST before being the talent as she is and attractive she will attract many ABC viewers with her ti channel 9.

Thank you. You don’t need to keep reminding us

4 Likes