Today (2015-Sept 2020)

They farewelled Karl at 5.45am. Only caught the end of it.

But who? Georgie and… Tim Davies is perfect though.

Video here

7 Likes

On ya Dickie for that beautifully said tribute. I genuinely hope for the best with Karl. As said, he’s a brilliant journalist who was the most dedicated to his show. I wish Nine would’ve removed him with a proper farewell.

But the show must go on.

6 Likes

Interesting take from @KevinPerry this morning.

https://decidertv.com/page/2018/12/19/why-nine-was-right-to-sack-karl-stefanovic

Especially this:

Sylvia Jeffreys is expected to be demoted to weather duties, Sydney’s Tim Gilbert looks set to be swapped for Melbourne’s Christine Ahern. While Richard Wilkins has already been informed to not bother turning up until 9am.

I don’t think I’ve seen anything about Sylvia on weather and Christine promoted to sport yet.

1 Like

Deb Knight looks so drained. I am sure she is looking forward to her leave.

Chris Ahern isn’t the best choice. I would try and get Bec Maddern.

2 Likes

I just don’t associated Christine Ahern with sport. More with Melbourne news.

3 Likes

Not a good look if they’re dumping a woman on maternity leave.

2 Likes

She was originally a sports reporter and presenter first with the ABC then Nine Melbourne before moving to news 9 or 10 years ago.

1 Like

True it’s not but with all the other changes that are happening it wouldn’t be surprising.
Anyway Natalia probably wouldn’t want to travelling around the country with a young child,she would probably be assigned a new role that is more family friendly.

1 Like

That should be her decision. She left work for maternity leave employed as the weather presenter, is on leave and should come back to the same role. I think that’s law. The position hasn’t been made redundant has it?

2 Likes

I agree… adults generally shouldn’t have names that end in “Y” or “IE”

Stevie, Timmy, Johnny… they’re all bad.

But it does happen, there’s a BBC reporter with the name Johnny Diamond… a first class journo… but every time I hear the name I just can’t take him seriously.

Nine executive team has gone hard core! My God this is an implosion. 100% justified though, if all turns out as true? (“Blow the whole thing up” “demoted” “dont bother turning up”

agreed, knowitalley :wink:

1 Like

I think that should be knowitally or knowitallie. :wink:

1 Like

Or just “knowie” for short

Another factor has been the dumping/axing of Megyn Kelly

Yep - they don’t want a repeat of what happened with Seven & Talitha Cummins

1 Like

Yes

3 Likes

Today needs a pretty big shakeup. I don’t think the remaining hosts have the chops to continue on Morning TV whoever the guy presenting the show now over Summer is god awful.

Deb Knight did a wonderful job when Lisa departed but Georgie hasn’t been quite as engaging and you could tell the chemistry between her and Karl was not there. Lisa either had a genuine bond with Karl or was an incredible professional who could put general feelings to the side while on air.

I’m not a fan of Sam and Kosh on sunrise but I do love Nat. That said, ABC News Breakfast will just continue to win viewers in my opinion.

1 Like

I always stop and consider what I may have done wrong when people, even in a professional setting, don’t address me by the shortened versions of my name.

My siblings have always referred to me by the name of a female children’s book character so I know they’re really pissed off with me when I get my real name.

1 Like

Ok NW.