Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Any Guesses when they will announce the new team?

It will never happen but I actually like the suggestion a few posts above about Jana Wendt.
Sunrise shook the foundations of making breakfast telly entertainment, whilst Today had been much more serious. Is it time to go back the other way?

Inconceivableā€¦ but I would actually watch the Today show.

We have enough 24/7 news coverage. It should be news focused with light parts its bloody morning show people watch in the background getting ready for work.

also the cash cow/blocky is what makes them money and gets the viewers in thinking they have a chance to win money if they are watching. its all about money as weā€™ve seen.

1 Like

oh so many people would have been up watching that lol did Dickie then farewell himself?

No problem, Wearo.

2 Likes

I think we need to run a poll or at least widely canvas just what that female name might be :thinking:

I think weā€™re off topic and need to move onā€¦

3 Likes

That is who they want to replace Karl.

Probably the point.

This thread has turned into an absolute joke, just like the show. Iā€™m so over peopleā€™s opinion pieces as news which dictate people how to think which is one of the reasons this has happened. Itā€™s also funny how the same news organizations are now posting ā€œbest of Karlā€ videos all over their pages. He ultimately did nothing wrong and in saying that I think people are sick of all morning shows now cause of the over saturation of press about the hosts lives.

Christine Ahern for sport? Thought they would go Erin Molan, sheā€™s not doing anything.

Just before we move on; was it Madeline, Grace, Princess Magnolia, Heidi, Snow White, Hermione? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Except for being a relatively new mum

ā€¦and being the 2nd in-line presenter of Sport on Nine News Sydney.

and why isnā€™t Lara Vellaā€™s name in the mix?

1 Like

James Bracey as Karlā€™s replacement is not a crazy ideaā€¦ even if I do say so myself

3 Likes

James and Bec Maddern

3 Likes

Itā€™s the law but the law is pretty easy to bend on redundancies.

ā€œWeā€™ve abolished a weather presenter and created a new position called Weather Anxhor where the weather presenter will also come on the daily panel and contribute across online platformsā€ - an example only but itā€™s how it rolls

3 Likes

Might be off-topic but is this how you react when Karl dumped.

Might work nice. Both being Aus Open hosts would be good publicity too (in same fashion Seven got Edwina Bartholomew to be a host with Hamish in Pyeongchang prior to ā€œSpartanā€ - although that failed big)

I hope thereā€™s no big breaking news soon, cause you wont find someone who will drop everything to go cover it and be on location for the next days show and stay on air 10 hours straight handling that much amount of live coverage. Who would they send out?

Indeed, just ask Seven News Sydney about how they moved away from Sarah Cumming in favour of David Brown (where Iā€™d imagine the spin was among the lines of ā€œweā€™ve abolished our main weather presenter and have brought in a meteorologistā€) around the Late 2015/Early 2016 timeframe.

1 Like