Today (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“killy06, post:485, topic:101, full:true”]
That backdrop does look much better, but the coffee table is too big and doesn’t match the chairs. A smaller one would be better and a rug of some sort to soften the overall look would go a long way
[/quote] Agree, but the elephant in the room (the bright contrast panels) are still there! The coffee table is suitable when there is more than two couches though.

With Today’s first loss of the year last week I wonder what the future of these weeks will be - seems Australia doesn’t really love them :grinning:

7 Likes

WIN promo

2 Likes

[quote=“nationalnews, post:231, topic:148, full:true”]
Lara Vella is the new Early News presenter, replacing Julie Snook. She will start in the coming few weeks.
[/quote] UPDATE: Lara Vella has been promoted to the permanent Today Sydney Reporter, replacing Chris Urquhart, earlier this month.

1 Like

Is it just me or is Peter Stefanovic not the greatest of hosts? He would be better suited to news or sport, truly dreadful main anchor, keeps interrupting, saying stupid things…

O’Keefe at least has some sort of authority about him.

5 Likes

[quote=“Pranks, post:490, topic:101”]
Is it just me or is Peter Stefanovic not the greatest of hosts?
[/quote] I agree but disagree. If you watch him when he fills in for Karl on Today, he is fabulous ( possible more tolerable than Karl) but for some reason, I agree, he is dreadful on the weekends- he acts the fool.

2 Likes

When Peter first returned after being an European Correspondent, I remember he used to be really restrictive and he wasn’t open at all. He never made any ad-lib comments, acted foolishly or even shared his opinion on certain matters. I think over time he has gradually opened up more and that is why his presenting has resulted in the way it is now.

2 Likes

Just an update from Today Perth News, senior reporter and presenter Ebbeny Faranda fill-ins for Tracy Vo when she is absent.

Today won last week’s ratings nationally by 11,000 with wins in Sydney and Melbourne.

3 Likes

Proves again how unpopular the travelling weeks are.

1 Like

…especially during Winter when a holiday is one of the last things on the minds of most people!

1 Like

Peter is on holiday next weekend.

3 Likes

He is travelling to France to go and watch a Euro 2016 match, if i’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Wednesday (22.06.16): Tim Gilbert, Richard Wilkins and Ross Greenwood live from Suncorp Stadium for SoO this AM.
Thursday (23.06.26)-Friday (24.06.16): Natalia Cooper presenting the weather.

1 Like

Sylvia is now on holidays for the next few weeks.

1 Like

With Peter Stefanovic on holiday its most likely that Stevie Jacobs will be co-hosting this weekend,considering Stevie had Thursday and Friday off the Today show.

I would have to agree with that assumption, despite the fact I would like David Campbell to do it.[quote=“Salty, post:500, topic:101, full:true”]
Sylvia is now on holidays for the next few weeks.
[/quote] :clap:
With Aislin pregnant, I would assume Natalia Cooper will be reading the news in place of Sylvia so I expect she too will be absent from the weekend edition.

1 Like

Pregnant people can’t read the news?

1 Like

Come’on you know I didn’t mean that. Given she lives in QLD and morning sickness, I HIGHLY doubt to see her reading the news.

Probably joining Peter Stefanovic at the Euros in France. :wink:

2 Likes