Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Take it easy, mate. That was me summarising the stories rather than my opinion, by the way.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

“politically correct” anytime that gets bandied about, it’s usually by someone who wants to say something racist, sexist or homophobic.

6 Likes

Um, no, it was the massive campaign by Channel 9. They probably also had someone dialing his vote line number…

I have very little doubt that it was the massive campaign by Channel Nine that got Karl Stefanovic (and Hamish Blake…and Scott Cam) the Gold Logie.

However, I’m sure Karl Stefanovic presenting breaking news coverage and the very short lived “ACA Sunday” back in the first few months of 2011 also helped along with his regular profile on Today.

1 Like

And if the voting rules were the same back in the mid 2000s, Kochie and/or Mel would’ve blitzed it as well. Mel was nominated many years in a row for best presenter just on her popularity without any network push. It’s a shame that now in the history of the Logies there are some anomalies in the winners list…but best I don’t open that can of worms here; there’ll be no putting the lid back on! Lol

2 Likes

Julie Snook reading the weather this Sunday.

1 Like

Natalia has left early this morning to catch flight to Broome where she will be presenting the weather for the rest of the week.

2 Likes

Julie is also the new Sydney sports presenter/reporter.

2 Likes

@MarkHD ls Julie presenting Friday & Saturday or just filling in if someone is away?

1 Like

[quote=“mattrobts, post:352, topic:101, full:true”]
Natalia has left early this morning to catch flight to Broome where she will be presenting the weather for the rest of the week.
[/quote] Thanks for the info. I wondered where she disappeared to. As Amelia Adams was already co-hosting, she read the 9.30 news update.

[quote=“ShadowDan, post:355, topic:101”]
I think they have a good balance on Weekend Today.
[/quote] I tend to disagree. I find Today on the weekend (not referred to as ‘Weekend Today’ anymore) very sloppy, inconsistent and rather boring. For a start only having three presenters at the desk and having to do everything really annoys me. I also hate how one person didn’t become Deb Knights and Wendy Kingston’s maternity relief, it is so confusing. Then of late the newsreader has sort of become the third host. The content is also really poor and stories that I really , and I would hope most, would, dread. I much prefer Weekend Sunrise.

There seems to be a small amount of interest in this :blush: - When we left our story on Thursday, Sunrise was leading Today by 750 viewers across the 4 days. After Friday numbers came in, Today ended up ahead for the week by 1,000 with wins in Sydney and Melbourne. Sunrise won the other 3 markets.

2 Likes

I thought it was the other way round. Today is now number one and Sunrise is fighting back…

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:357, topic:101”]
There seems to be a small amount of interest in this :blush:
[/quote] Please keep us up-to-date, it is rather interesting and rather tight between the two brekky shows. [quote=“TV.Cynic, post:357, topic:101”]
After Friday numbers came in, Today ended up ahead for the week by 1,000 with wins in Sydney and Melbourne. Sunrise won the other 3 markets.
[/quote] Glad Today has reclaimed Melbourne this year after losing it for the first or at least for a very long time. Also good to see this year Today is stronger across the week, inside of just Monday and Tuesdays. Weekend Sunrise also won yesterday, glad that happened. [quote=“Salty, post:152, topic:148, full:true”]
@Lepatron l believe we really need a sports presenter back on Today on weekends,would be a smart move to have Julie join the weekend team.
[/quote] Certainly need more of a team than right now. I suspect Deb will be back mid-year ( she said in a recent article that she wanted to set a good example to mums and get back to work rather soon). As for Wendy, I wouldn’t be completely surprised if Wendy didn’t return to WT or if so much later in the year( I suspect September or August) considering on the last two ML Wendy has received the first was 12 month break with her second son Wendy returned after about 9 months. Natalia Cooper looks sturdy on weather duties since she continues to fill-in for Stevie during the week. Pete is obviously Cam replacement … for now! ( Pete might replace Karl next year, you never know). As for Snookie, I think she would be a brilliant addition to Today but I would prefer, with Natalia usually in the studio, Clint Stanaway in Melbourne presenting sport. For some reason, they don’t use Erin Molan, even though she has made regular appearances on the weekend for a sports segment.

Today won Tuesday by 38,000 again winning Sydney and Melbourne. Largest audience for approx 4 weeks.

1 Like

Today to host Logie Awards Red Carpet

More:

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/58th-tv-week-logie-awards-2016/561/68?u=tv.cynic

Yeah, I always thought the red carpet fashions needed the journalistic integrity of the Today show. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 58th TV Week Logie Awards 2016