58th TV Week Logie Awards 2016

it’s only the News Corp ones losing it.

The article is pure satire, a point lost on many in uproar over it.

I couldn’t believe it when I read that article this morning. Who ever wrote it should be ashamed of the crap that has come out of their mouth. It doesn’t even make sense. He shouldn’t win because the show is not as popular as morning shows? Huh? It out rates the morning shows… Did Carrie not deserve it last year then?

it’s only lost because it’s so badly written.

Maybe but the headline is definitely click bait for the haters.

###Today to Host 58th Logie Awards Red Carpet

Sunday 8 May

The Nine Network’s TODAY Show will host all the glitz and glamour of the 58th TV WEEK Logie Awards Red Carpet broadcast – LIVE from Melbourne’s Crown Entertainment Complex on Sunday, May 8.

Karl Stefanovic, Lisa Wilkinson and Sylvia Jeffreys will be there as the stars arrive for Australian television’s exciting “night of nights” – showcasing all the fun and fabulous fashion and chatting with the hopeful nominees.

Brent Williams, Executive Producer of the TV WEEK Logie Awards, said: “Who better than the TODAY Show team to kick off our Logies coverage?

“We are thrilled to have Lisa, Karl and Sylvia onboard to welcome television’s biggest names and get all the inside gossip from the red carpet that adds to the buzz on the big night.”

Dave Hughes on The Project last night said he’d been asked back to open the Logies again this year.

How much of the red carpet will be shown live on air, given it clashes with live rugby league in Sydney and Brisbane (Country v City from Tamworth)? It could also mean the red carpet may air on 9Go! in NRL states.

I’d be pissed off at this if I was from Channel 7. It just makes the whole thing look more and more like the Channel 9 Logie Awards instead of Australian TV’s premiere night. Instead of an industry celebrating, it is one network using a home ground advantage to promote its breakfast show,

1 Like

If Seven wants to change all this it should bid for the rights to show the Logies (although I think it won’t, because it costs a lot and it doesn’t pull as many viewers as before).
Seven and Ten news will have live cross to the red carpet but it will be brief.

1 Like

Probably explains why they don’t give it much attention on Seven these days and can’t be bothered even running campaigns for viewers to vote for their stars.

1 Like

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:71, topic:561”]
I’d be pissed off at this if I was from Channel 7. It just makes the whole thing look more and more like the Channel 9 Logie Awards instead of Australian TV’s premiere night. Instead of an industry celebrating, it is one network using a home ground advantage to promote its breakfast show[/quote]
Probably explains why they don’t give it much attention on Seven these days and can’t be bothered even running campaigns for viewers to vote for their stars.

They should just get Hughesy (or anyone in general) to do the whole show.

The whole ceremony has felt a bit off since they removed the host aspect to the night. I thought Shane Bourne was great in 2011.

I don’t think they necessarily need a host popping in throughout the whole night but if he opened the show, came back for some topical jibes in the middle and then just closed the show, that would be great.

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the organisers say at some point that the main reason there’s no longer any hosts for the Logies because the last few got heavily criticized? I’m sure I remember hearing something among those lines (Logies host being “the toughest gig in Australian TV”) in a news article…

I agree. A single presenter to Open/Close the show with relevant presenters for each award would be sufficient enough IMO.

1 Like

All the big names dont want to do it because they know it is a career destroying poisoned chalice, and if they go for a lesser famous names the awards are criticised for scraping the barrel and everyone will know why. hence no host.

Roll out Bert for the night. He’s about the only host who hasn’t been crucified.

I’m pretty sure that Bert Newton said in an article last year that he wasn’t interested in hosting the Logies anymore.

My suggestion: Karl Stefanovic and/or Lee Lin Chin. Now that would be ratings winning television! :stuck_out_tongue:

If Dave Hughes is to open the Logies, as he said, can’t he just close the ceremony too? Even if he just comes on and only says: “Congratulations to ((insert name)) for winning the Gold Logie. Hope you at home enjoyed the telecast. Buy TV Week tomorrow. Goodnight”.

That’s all is needed for a host at the Logies, right? A good monologue to open the Logies, and then a simple closer at the end.

2 Likes

Oh God not Stefanovic. Last thing the Logies needs is his immaturity for three hours. Lee Lin wouldn’t touch it with a fifty foot pole.

3 Likes