Today (2015-Sept 2020)

For your benefit…

Brenton Ragless - Nine News Adelaide presenter
Lara Vella - Sydney news reporter for Today
Aisin Kriukelis - Queensland news reporter for Today

Perhaps not the most prolific people at Nine, but it’s not exactly the time of year you expect to see the most high profile presenters on screen at any network.

8 Likes

Brenton get the gig in lieu of Tim McMillan?

3 Likes

Seems that way, although Brenton has filled in before - not sure if it was Today or Weekend Today but he’s definitely been in the hosting position of one of those.

You think they will be hosting the whole 3 weeks or they might get Ben in?

Karl has yet to film the new season of This Time Next Year. I believe it will be filmed sometime in early January now.

1 Like

I think Brenton hosted on Weekend Today when Tom Steinfort was overseas filling in for Seb Costello in August or September.
@nationalnews will definitely know…

1 Like

Tim McMillan would have normally co-hosted with Sylvia for all of Jan until Karl returned. Since Ben left the show, he hasn’t filled-in over Christmas.

Brenton first co-hosted on breakfast TV on Weekend Today with Leila in 2013/14. He has co-hosted for two stints , IIRC, in 2017 but this is his first on the weekday show.

Whereas, Tim McMillan never appeared on Weekend Today. He first filled-in on Today for Georgie in December 2012.

2 Likes

Looks like they’ve done away with 3/4 of the mascots. It’s only Casharoo now giving away the money. Part of the new revamp to make the show less sillier for Georgie?

1 Like

IMO Today should just do away with all the silly mascot business and return to ‘The Great Cash Giveaway’ format.

10 Likes

Agreed, these mascots are a joke and the constant renaming of the competitions are annoying. I liked the Great Cash Giveaway format.

4 Likes

Well possibly, but I do know most faces on most television programs, even those I don’t watch.
Today, particularly Weekend Today, seems to have lots of unfamiliar faces at times.

I said this about Sarah Harris but Lara Vella is one to watch. They should consider her as host for Weekend Today if not newsreader. She will go far.

2 Likes

100% agree. She’s been extremely watchable this summer. Very visatile.

1 Like

Nothing has been mentioned again about Allison Langdon taking over Weekend Today.

I agree @Drew_1981 Lara has been fantastic filling in over summer.

I’d prefer her in a lighter hosting role. She impressed me too.

I think Lara is being groomed to work alongside Sylvia on Today, as newsreader.

Lara though did well co-hosting on Good Friday last year.

2 Likes

If Sylvia did fall Lara probably would be the main contender for the role while Sylvia was on leave.

Lara is co-host material but Sylvia is not.

2 Likes

Madeline Slattery is presenting the weather from Frankston in Melbourne this morning.

2 Likes

Allison Landgon could be starting this weekend as co-host as she is starting as a fill in newsreader in Sydney tonight probably another one of her new roles at Nine.

2 Likes

If she’s presenting the news tonight I’d say she’ll definitely be on Today tomorrow.

3 Likes