Today (2015-Sept 2020)

With only 2.5 weeks until holidays usually start for Karl, surely the announcement won’t be made until next year…? Unless they make the announcement and tease it over the summer period…?

Also, on a related note, thoughts on the summer presenting lineup?

1 Like

Who are the summer line up? Pete and Sylvia or Ben and Alicia?

Hey Jacqui Lambie might quit politics today maybe she could be a replacement? :rofl:

4 Likes

And former My Kitchen Rules star Ash Pollard, 31, has thrown her hat into the ring

Just when you thought it couldn’t get worse than Sonia…

11 Likes

Oh yeah… she’s fully qualified for the job. ex reality star who can cook and survive the jungle.

4 Likes

She would say anything to get attention and surprise surprise dailymail printed it.:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I thought Karl said earlier this year that he will be working longer than he has in recent years (I say up until the second week of December at the most).

As for the summer, I think Deb was asked to fill-in for Lisa because they knew that she would work right up into the week before Christmas, where she will shift into the 6pm chair and have a few weeks in January off. I would say Ben Fordham and Richard Wilkins will co-host with Deb in Dec and have Tim McMillan and Sylvia/Alicia in January.

1 Like

Thanks @ScreenTower

6 Likes

he will be filming This Time Next Year first part in December.

3 Likes

Today:

Plus this:

1 Like

Please don’t believe anything The Daily Mail prints about Today. They are scrum.

2 Likes

As in footy scrum?

On the earlier comments regarding three hosts, do you think it might be a good idea if all four main presenters become the hosts of the program and shares the role of news/sports etc?

For example, like Karl, (hopefully) Deb, Sylvia and Tim share the news and sports roles together and take it in turns. I think that might work better than 3 presenters as hosts which will feel a bit disjointed.

1 Like

Georgia Love posted this today. Hint at her being in contention for the hosting role? Shame she just got a job with Channel 10 news in Melbourne.

I think it will be Deb, don’t get me wrong I do like her, but I was just hoping for some resemblance of the good old days with Georgie. But to these people it’s just a job, they don’t care what the audience want. Even thought they build these shows around “family” of hosts and viewers lol

1 Like

Photo says 2014?

6 Likes

It’s just a photo with a new colleague to me.

1 Like

it’s a Facebook memory

Astounds me the amount of people who see old stuff come up on Facebook and don’t realise that it’s old!!

With the SSM result released at 10am AEDT this morning, I was looking through the feeds of Today.
Adelaide is currently receiving Today live (rather than the normal 30-minute delay), while the Brisbane and Perth feeds are on their normal delays.

1 Like

Call me Captain Obvious, but I was just looking back over the previous host’s of the show (i.e. George Negus, Steve Liebmann, Liz Hayes, Tracy Grimshaw, Georgie Gardner, Ian Ross; not to mention Lisa and Karl), and Lisa’s replacement will/should certainly be someone who will eventually be a formidable personality on Australian TV; atleast based on history.

Georgie Gardner and Chris Bath - although both have declined the role - would have been the perfect ‘next addition’ to that group.

Although, to be fair, from what I know, none of those previous hosts were popular before they got the gig. Happy to be corrected.

Friday (17.11.2017): James Bracey is presenting sport this morning.

2 Likes

Aislin Kriukelis presenting the weather from Telethon in Brisbane.

Amelia Adams is presenting News this weekend

2 Likes