Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Planning on leaving Today to return to Queensland.

3 Likes

Probably just more clickbait unless her contract renewal went bad.

There’s rumours now Georgie could be swayed to do a 4 day work week like Kochie wants.

I wouldn’t mind that, maybe extend the weekend team (when its actually set) to the Friday or give Fridays to Deb?

3 Likes

Sonia Kruger had ruled herself out of contention to take Lisa’s chair. Sonia told the Sunday Herald Sun that she was happy with the current working hours for Today Extra, meaning she can be home by 1pm to care for her daughter Maggie.

1 Like

That’s nice of her to set the record straight. Was she ever in contention though? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

In other news, Sonia has ruled herself out as successor to Queen Elizabeth II.

20 Likes

Lisa Wilkinson Today: Sonia Kruger rules out Today co-hosting role

It is Sonia’s work of course on the early years of Sunrise that was Nine’s appeal for poaching Kruger in the first place. Not a total wild card, nonetheless glad she isn’t taking the position.

Yet with Georgie and Sonia ruling out the position, I think it is also a PR stunt from Nine to keep the topic hot. Honestly can’t see an announcement to be made before early January with the ‘relaunch’ in the last week of January/early February.

2 Likes

I would also like to rule myself out of contention for the Today presenting chair.

15 Likes

Did you price yourself out of the market during contract negotiations with your demands for a big budget wardrobe and hair and make up allowance?

1 Like

Actually I offered to do it for Work for the Dole but Centrelink ruled it as “cruel and unusual punishment” and forbade it.

9 Likes

Surprised that Leigh Sales hasn’t been dropped into the ring yet…

Well Walleed is after her job apparently.

Gee, have there been any female TV presenters in Australia who haven’t been considered to be a candidate for the role? :confused:

3 Likes

If Georgie won’t do 5 days due to the early start, can’t see her doing 4 days either.

depends on the money and deal put in place.

Virginia Trioli.

Jo Palmer

6 Likes

Daily Telegraph reporting Allison Langdon a contender for the cohost role.

3 Likes

Mentioned in a post three weeks ago I thought she’d be a contender.

I’m still thinking they’ll go with a trio of presenters and shake up the format- Karl and Sylvia with one other female sharing hosting and newsreading duties.

2 Likes

Tom Steinfort has been in North Korea for 60 Minutes, that’s why he was away from Weekend Today for several weeks.

Tom has been there before on assignment I believe this is his second time to NK.

4 Likes

The Race to Replace Lisa on Today

Honestly, I hope Alicia Loxley and Wendy Kingston are being considered too, obviously their main disclaimer is their residence. If Nine wanted attention, getting Mel Doyle, IMO, would do the show wonders.

@NewsWeary I don’t think there will be a lot of a change next year, it was just a bit of publicity IMO. However, you were right about Sylvia replacing Georgie, right? So you might be onto something with the three-presenters, especially if Lisa’s replacement is unfamiliar.

1 Like