Today (2015-Sept 2020)

So who do you think are the summer team this year? I have a feeling Lara Vella and James Bracey will play a part.

2 Likes

@Drew_1981 We will probably see Lara Vella or Aislin Kriukelis on news, Clint Stanaway or James Bracey on sports over summer.
I think we will see Ben Fordham, Alicia Loxley, Tim Gilbert and Sylvia all hosting sometime over the summer.

Nah Fordham would be having a break. he does his radio show every day and has to start filming Ninja Warrior soon. Gilbert has been working nearly 7 days a week (when NRL was on) all year. They might put Sylvia in as host but with all this replacing Lisa stuff she may not want to do it. There’s also Tim McMillan that they get over from WA.

1 Like

Tim last had holidays in September, yes he will have some holidays over summer but l think we will see hosting a few weeks over summer.

now Georgie is the front runner to take over Lisa’s role again. They must have offered her a lot. Good on her!

2 Likes

IThe article.

4 Likes

If this is true, it’s the best possible outcome, Georgie is a thousand times more likeable than Sam Armytage. This could be a winning move.

8 Likes

I really hope it’s Georgie. She’s the perfect replacement.

I suspect if she is confirmed, she will do 4 days a week with Deb doing 3 days.

I’d like to see Georgie remain as primary fill-in for Peter Overton, even though she would not be the weekend newsreader.

I assume the extra responsibility for Deb will be Fri & Sat 6pm news in Sydney plus 1 extra day of Today.

7 Likes

I think Georgie would be great and really strengthen Today quite quickly. She’s under utilised presenting the low rating Friday and Saturday night bulletins in Sydney. I feel Today would be a much superior team to Sunrise if this does go ahead.

2 Likes

Georgie is perfect for the role as is Deb.

I hope they ‘officially’ announce it soon.

1 Like

Don’t post full articles on here that are behind paywalls, please.

3 Likes

OR just post the Daily Mail article its usually word for word :rofl:

6 Likes

The Daily Mail has photos of Gardner this afternoon, which they claim is of her leaving her lawyer’s house holding what they hinting is a contract.

4 Likes

If this is true… major coup for Today. But again… anything the daily mail writes… I would take with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

You can’t deny that’s a contract though.

1 Like

I’m not saying it wasn’t. Just the Daily Mail are very far from the truth when writing articles.

No evidence that it’s a contract with Nine though :wink:

Maybe she’s playing hardball and wants Nine to see her picking up documents from a lawyer known to represent CBS or Seven. You can see in one of the shots that the papers are tucked away in her bag so she pulled them out at some point, for the cameras perhaps? She certainly wasn’t trying to hide them.

It probably is the most obvious scenario but who knows what could be going on.

4 Likes

Are you seriously believing the daily mail,yes Georgie is handling paperwork in her hand. But we don’t know what is written on the paper could be anything.

2 Likes

Exactly. The Daily Mail should just die off and never be heard of again.

On another note, while GG will be missed on Sydney news, if the can get her on the show, it will be better off in the long term than lets say…if Sylvia Jeffreys became permanent.

6 Likes

But how will we know when Karl and Georgie start feuding?

8 Likes