Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I honestly prefer the other studio because I absolutely hate this set.

1 Like

Bec is expecting a baby so I think she might decline as raising a child, living in Melbourne would make things a little harder.

Kylie G is more known than say Deb but Kylie could be one of those loyal Seven employees like Mel/Kochie etc that never leave

3 Likes

Deb has even younger children. They would have had to offer Georgie something worthwhile and since sheā€™s a close friend of Lisaā€™s it would have been in comparison to her deal I reckon.

Sylvia probably wasnā€™t asked to fill in host since she was in middle of her own contract renewal.

Maybe change the start time back to 6am and have 5.30am news? Could entice a few more people for the role.

4 Likes

If Georgie left the News she would never go back. They would groom someone else for the News Job for the longer term if she left it. Which means she would be stuck on Today for the rest of her career.

These morning show hosts appear to be subject to frequent media attention, especially in magazines which could be a putoff. There are paps following these morning show hosts daily. Throw in all those 3am starts I really donā€™t see why she would do it. Pretty unattractive offer aside the cash thrown at her. Cash is great and all but some value lifestyle over cash.

3 Likes

The word out of GTV until this weekend was that Bec was about to be announced as host. Watch this spaceā€¦

4 Likes

Being the 2nd in-line presenter for the #1 rating news bulletin in Sydney would probably be a more appealing presenting role to GG (and I daresay most news presenters at Nine Sydney) than being a co-host of a breakfast program which currently rates #2 nationally.

3am? With Sunrise & Today presenting from 5.30am for three and a half hours (often from 5am for four hours or more if thereā€™s major breaking news coverage), I honestly wouldnā€™t be surprised if the presenters wake up at 2.30am at the latest these days!

1 Like

Unless Bec moves to Sydney? Husband looks after child perhaps? Otherwise I canā€™t see it.

Seven News needs Bec. Stupid move by Seven.

1 Like

Or Today moves to Melbourneā€¦Not hugely likely but you never know.

I just think Bec is the best fit for this showā€¦ seven stuffed up big time letting her go. Iā€™m sure Nine could work something out.

The same was said about Lisa Wilkinson but the truth is that they canā€™t keep everybody and give everyone a high profile role.

2 Likes

No they just kept taking those roles off herā€¦ how many times did we see her present the afternoon news? Then replaced with someone else.

You donā€™t know why they did that. Maybe she didnā€™t want to do it and was after a higher profile role.

1 Like

And why couldnā€™t they give her the local arvo news instead of Felgate?

1 Like

Probably because Bec did it back in 2012/13 and Melb News director wanted someone different, but I do agree with you, Bec is a million times better then Felgate.

Wasnā€™t sure where to put this one but I noticed that Todayā€™s coverage of the Hobart Airport helicopter crash was footage from last night and was plastered with ā€œFirst on Sceneā€ or something along those lines and ā€œExclusiveā€ but looking at the light conditions there they would have been one of the last on site as it would have been nearer to 9pm when they were there.
Then I thought with all the affiliation changes and the fact TDT does no local news down here, would Nine fly their own people here (even harder when the Airport is closed and the nearest commercial one is Launceston another 2 hours away?) or would they have any agreement with Southern Cross (7 news) or WIN (Ten News)?

They would have hired a freelancer.

1 Like

Maybe they need to make an announcement about the host soon to avoid every journo whose name has been associated with possibly hosting Today hanging shit on it and Channel Nine.

5 Likes

Letā€™s be realistic here: Weā€™re more likely to see a CBS-owned Ten trying to get her husband over to their network (now thereā€™s something Iā€™m surprised the media havenā€™t speculated about, even if itā€™s fairly unlikely to happen) than Jessica Rowe ever returning to Nine.

2 Likes

Tom Steinfort is back co-hosting with Jayne and Christine Ahern reading news this weekend.

4 Likes

Sylvia on QWeekend - Family Time

1 Like