Today Extra

Georgie Gardner hosting with David this Friday.

1 Like

Today Extra could be possibly downsizing, including a shift in studios.

How many relaunches has Mornings/Today Extra had since they lost Kerri-Anne? It seems like there’s been one at least every year!

Personally I’d like to see the main breakfast program rebranded as Nine News Today (a tie-in with the main news service, but of course using slightly different branding and On-Air Presentation than the standard news bulletins like how Nine News Now is) to separate it from the infomercials and presenter controversies of Today Extra, but I can’t see that happening anytime soon.

1 Like

Breaking news

3 Likes

Ben Fordham hosting with Sonia today.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Today

Georgie Gardner hosting with David on Thursday and Friday this week.

1 Like

Amber Sherlock hosting with David on Monday this week.

1 Like

I like Amber hosting, sometimes I feel both her and Georgie are so much better options than Sonia.

5 Likes

Sometimes? More like always! Sonia is awful.

2 Likes

Haha… I was trying to be nice for once in my life. I actually can’t stand Sonia hosting.

1 Like

Amber Sherlock is hosting with David this week, because regular fill in Georgie Gardner is working on Sydney 6pm News this week.

1 Like

With Sonia still away Georgie Gardner is hosting with David this week.

1 Like

Sonia Kruger returns from a two week holiday today.Recent media reports have suggested her absence was due to comments she made about Muslims on Today Show,Nine has denied these claims stating her holidays were scheduled long before the controversy. But rumours do continue that her hosting role on ‘The Voice’ is in jeopardy.

1 Like

I wonder if Nine are starting the rumours for more free publicity.

1 Like

Today Extra probably needs some decent publicity! Isn’t it usually rating a distant 2nd (and sometimes 3rd behind Studio 10) in it’s timeslot?

In any case, I still wouldn’t be too surprised if this show has another relaunch (seems to be becoming an annual tradition of sorts for Mornings/Today Extra) in early 2017!

If she is not announced as the host of The Voice in 2017, it would be because she was awful not to do with her views on Muslims.

Yeah Nine creating publicity that Sonia is away, so the viewers will watch!

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:91, topic:670”]
Isn’t it usually rating a distant 2nd (and sometimes 3rd behind Studio 10) in it’s timeslot?
[/quote] Yes, TMS usually wins on a daily basis and according to @blackbox Studio 10 beats Today Extra when you compare the minute to minutes. People at Nine would probably think that the rebrand has helped them however they are oblivious that Today has been winning their timeslot which obviously benefits them.

What would be even better is if Nine axed the show, took a few months off going back to the drawing board and produce something decent mid/late 2017.

3 Likes

After her new gig on The Wrong Girl, Madeline West says:

Due to the extension of Today, Today Extra will be starting at 10am tomorrow.

Amelia Adams hosting with David on Wednesday Sonia is away sick.
Georgie Gardner hosting with David on Thursday & Friday this week.

1 Like