Tipping Point

4 Likes

Well that confirms it

3 Likes

Will this thread be themed for both the UK and Aus version? Or should there be a spin out of the Australian show?

1 Like

This thread was set up originally to discuss a potential Australian version

4 Likes
4 Likes

Does almost certainly look like it will air at the 5pm hour.

The UK Version does rate well in the various slots in the afternoon. Will a kocal version work? Time will tell…

3 Likes

Similar to how Seven commissioned The Chase Australia, I think there’ll be some differences to the graphics and/or soundtrack (as well as the monetary prizes I mentioned earlier) on Tipping Point Australia so as to not make it an exact clone of its UK counterpart.

For example on The Chase Australia they play the victory theme and the “time’s up” sound at the end of the final chase, regardless of whether the contestants or Chaser won.

2 Likes

Hopefully with its edge-of-your-seat ending (which I always watch to the end of on the UK version) it might also improve or shore up its news ratings, which has taken a hit in the past eight years but with no help to the poor-performing Adelaide and Perth markets.

While I suggested a potential jackpot of $100,000, if that counter drops in conjunction with a special/multiply counter the end contestant would win $250,000 (on the UK version dropping the double and jackpot counters at the same time wins you £20,000).

2 Likes

I reckon they will double the value of the counters (so $100), like they did with The Chase (£1000 in the UK compared to $2000 here).

That would make the jackpot prize $20,000, and maybe they could bump it up to $50,000 if the counter goes with the double (think it’s only happened in the UK twice in 11 years).

6 Likes
5 Likes

well, he DOES look a bit like Ben!

2 Likes

Todd Woodbridge? That’s different. He is on Nine’s payroll afterwall and needs to do “something” between the 4 Tennie Grand Slams. Lol.

5 Likes

Well, at least it’s not Eddie.

8 Likes

Given his Wimbledon commitments (it’s the only Major he has to travel to, but correct me if I’m wrong), production would need to take a break in between June and July annually to cater for his absence.

It’ll otherwise be interesting to see how he fares as a game show host.

4 Likes

Oh good lord, have fun with that peoples

2 Likes

Yep, he does some work for the BBC and I’m guessing being a former champion helps too.

I just don’t rate him as a host

4 Likes

They can record episodes part of the year, allowing him to focus on his other commitments when not recording.

2 Likes

With Todd hosting, they could use tennis balls instead of counters :grinning:

6 Likes

Now that would be something!

In terms of the preview to the news, I reckon they would do this before the decision to take the trade or the money, during which the final contestant can think it over.

3 Likes

According to Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne, Todd Woodbridge hosted episodes of Tipping Point filmed in London (featuring Aussie expats) earlier this year. The local version is casting now and episodes are expected to start filming in Melbourne in October.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/todd-woodbridge-secretly-films-channel-9s-quiz-show-tipping-point-in-london/news-story/50aaab7aa6b7be90f5c88dee85a158ce

6 Likes