Tipping Point

They did reach the final round and i think they won £3,550 … but not the £10k prize though.

I think the record non jackpot prize is over £5k.

3 Likes

The New Look Tipping Point with 3 Contestants instead of 4 debuted in Australia just 25 Minutes ago, A Pity this Fine Game Show’s not an Franchise unlike The Chase and Millionare.

5 Likes

How was the new format with 3 contestants, instead of 4? Did it drag out a little?

I googled the format, and noticed that the time limit in round 2 has been increased from 30-seconds to 45-seconds. Not sure if anything else has changed?

2 Likes

Nothing else has changed except all three contestants play the first two rounds. The lowest scorer at the end of rounds two and three get eliminated as usual.

4 Likes

Filming for an Australian version is happening in the UK apparently with a casting callout just made

8 Likes

Interesting.

I wonder how many episodes are going to be made? Just a few “specials” to start off with, rather than a whole series? Just like what they’re doing with Jeopardy Australia? Which is also going to be filmed in the UK with “Australian contestants” with 6 episodes (and the UK version of 20 episodes.

2 Likes

This wouldn’t be the first time an Australian game show is filmed offshore - who remembers that show called “The Wall” that was hosted by Axle Whitehead and filmed in (I think it was) Poland?

I’d say up to about five or ten to make one or two weeks’ worth of episodes (if they were to be broadcast on weeknights).

If it rates well, then they should start considering building a set at the same Docklands studio where Hot Seat is filmed.

4 Likes

Spoiler alert re Tipping Point episode today (6 April)

For only the second time ever, the jackpot counter dropped with the double counter, meaning the maximum £20,000 prize was won

3 Likes

Finally! Do you have an article?

1 Like

No. But friends on twitter were sharing the callout. Ill see if i can search it.
Not only can i not see it, i can’t even find a reference to it on the Web.

3 Likes

Guess all i had to do was search tipping point harder.

6 Likes

So the same host?

Most likely, unless they went left-field and got any of the Nine News Europe correspondents (Brett McLeod or Edward Godfrey) to host, which I doubt.

Nine could also send Eddie McGuire to London but I strongly doubt that too.

1 Like

They’re specials/backdoor pilots. They’ll be hosted by Ben.

5 Likes

:lock: :two::four:

I’m still not convinced it’s the right move.

I’d love a Sale of the Century/ Wheel of Fortune double. At least they’re exciting and have plenty of prizes.

3 Likes

You have confirmation that Tipping Point is happening next year at 5pm?

Joe broke the Hot Seat axing news last week so I’d say he’s on the money here too.

3 Likes

They were asking for contestants back in April for filming an Aussie version, to be filmed in the UK. Would it be those initial episodes airing, if they did end up filming anything? Or are we expecting something more?

As much as I like game shows, Tipping Point is a bit bland and unexciting to my tastes… I prefer Pointless, but not sure if that would work at 5pm…

I’d love to see a Sale reboot too.