Tipping Point

Now out of this and next week’s Thursday schedules. Replaced by Death in Paradise. Might suggest how well it rated :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

No news here regarding Tipping Point, but just to say that it has been popping up in the top 20 in the Television Ratings quite regularly in recent months, particularly later in the week. Quite an achievement for an afternoon UK game show. Perth airs the show at 4pm (with Hot Seat at 3pm), while the rest of the country has it at 3pm (Adelaide has Hot Seat at 4pm).

I know that Hot Seat rates well on the East Coast and are calling out for contestants and studio audience, so we wont see changes there (yet…), but could Tipping Point work at 4pm nationally and even get a bigger number?

Also, the show gets repeated at after midnight Monday to Thursday, but why does Friday’s arvo episode air after midnight ona Saturday night rather than on Friday night? Its been happening for a while now.

1 Like

So what will happen with the afternoon news?

Air it at 3pm in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. While Perth and Adelaide can air it at 5pm in its current space.

I would just get rid of Hot Seat and make an Aussie Tipping Point at 5pm

2 Likes

Is it that easy?

On today’s episode of Tipping Point, during the final round there was a question asked about which of the Chasers from The Chase appeared as a celebrity contestant on The X Factor.

3 Likes

Is the late night episode a repeat of the episode shown during the day? If so, it was a fantastic episode yesterday.

Yes same episode repeated around midnight.

2 Likes

Love to know the ratings for the midnight repeat

2 Likes

The Reason why Tipping Point airs at 4:00 in Western Australia is because there’s a Large Group of British Expats living in Perth who watch the Program and Outrating Hot Seat which airs at 3:00.

6 Likes

Or it’s time for Hot Seat to go.

6 Likes

I see Tipping Point has returned to the Pre-COVID Settings as seen in Today’s Episode.

I think we are at least one season behind the UK, which now starts with three contestants.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching a fair bit of Tipping Point in the last few months and I quite like it… but I don’t see a local version as a replacement for Hot Seat, i think it’s a bit too laid back and slow paced for 5pm.

3 Likes

Also, coin pushing machines have never been that popular here. Most would only be familiar with chocolate pushing machines.

I did catch half an episode yesterday in a waiting room and the only big take away was how fake the coins sound. Surely, they are dubbed in in post?

1 Like

Yeah they’re basically silent in real life.

1 Like

A new Tipping Point record was set in todays episode.

22 counters went in one go, beating the previous record of 21.

The double was one of those 22 as well!

4 Likes

Oh wow, that’s £2,200 in one go. Wonder if that contestant eventually reached the final round and if so how much did he/she end up winning.

2 Likes

Hope it’s repeated tonight. I saw the one a couple of months ago when someone won the jackpot with the double. Only the second time it had happened apparently.

3 Likes