Tipping Point

The Chase Australia also does not have a studio audience, as with its British counterpart.

But yes, while I agree that an audience could bring life to the show, it is just not possible now due to COVID regulations (speaking of which - this week, the first batch of Hot Seat episodes that were filmed in Melbourne following its Gold Coast getaway went to air this week without an audience). If - and this is a big if - an audience were to eventually be implemented, it would add some excitement to the show, especially during the tension-filled final round.

And one thing I forgot to add to my previous post - single counters would be $500 each, and as with the British version, anyone who gets eliminated before the final round leaves with nothing except for any prizes they may have won during game-play.

2 Likes

If Tipping Point Australia was created, what hosts would be the best fit?

Leave your answers below!

We already left our answers above. :wink:

2 Likes

Would the Americans make a Primetime Version???

1 Like

Nine should trial Tipping Point on weekends just before the news, just like Hot Seat on weekdays.

If the ratings are good, then an Australia version should be made to replace Hot Seat.

2 Likes

Probably not much time to trial Tipping Point on weekends with the 2021 NRL season scheduled to start in about a month or so?

1 Like

I don’t mean to sound pedantic, but you’ve said this multiple times now.

Whilst I agree with what you’re saying in your post, you don’t need to comment about it multiple times.

Axing Hot Seat would be a big deal in the game show industry.

5 Likes

Saturdays.

Quite right. Repeating it here is not going to make it happen.

I’m sure it’s already a possibility for 9 but its a big commitment and it takes time.

1 Like

if anything I reckon such production would not start until mid-year at the absolute earliest. Hot Seat continues to rate well on the East Coast and I can’t see it being shelved in the long-term.

3 Likes

I Suppose Tonight’s airing might be an Historic Moment of the Program when £20,000 is won!!!

1 Like

Did they win with the double counter?

2 Likes

Today’s Episode saw the £20,000 Went off for the First Time, it aired in the UK in January 2020.

4 Likes

Neither would be better. They should have somebody completely new.

1 Like

Speaking of Tipping Point, there’s a repeated episode of it airing on 9Gem at 7.30pm. Same goes for next Thursday also. Not sure of the reasoning there.

3 Likes

Testing the waters for a primetime commission?

3 Likes

100%

Didn’t they do this once before on a weekend?

1 Like

Correct, IIRC they aired some Saturday episodes back at the start of the year. So I don’t think this is testing waters for primetime then. Probably just filling a gap in the schedule if Nine think it will rate decently.

2 Likes

Yes, they aired it on Nine on a Saturday night earlier in the year. I think this is the first i’ve seen it on Gem though in primetime.

Not sure of Nine’s reasoning earlier in the year, but am also assuming that Gem is doing it kist as a filler.