Tipping Point

Seven’s Eveleigh studios.

1 Like

That’s what I thought, as it would’ve been impossible for Emdur to fly back and forth repeatedly between Sydney and Melbourne given his Morning Show commitments.

Larry Emdur (originally he was from sydney) but had to fly down to Melbourne every week to host The Price is Right In Richmond studios. This was the case with Rebecca Maddern (who originally was from Melbourne) but had to fly to Sydney where she presented sunrise and The morning show.

3 Likes

If Nine News Now does return in 2020 (which would all but rule out a revival of Nightline), they could put it at 2:00pm so as to put it H2H with The Daily Edition. This would leave Tipping Point to go H2H with The Chase (UK) at 3:00pm.

If NNN goes, then I really hope Nine revives Nightline so that The Latest can get some competition in the late evening. However, I can’t see this happening in the short term.

4 Likes

According to Your TV, Season 8 Episode 4 will be the episode to air on Monday. This would’ve aired about January 2018 in the UK.

2 Likes

Did anyone watch the episode at 3:00pm this afternoon?

I’m curious to see how they split the hour-long show in terms of ad breaks (typically there are five in a one-hour program and three in a half-hour program).

I would’ve thought it would’ve gone something like this:

1. First round
    ad break
  2. First round continued
    ad break
  3. Second round
    ad break
  4. Third round
    ad break
  5. Final round part one
    ad break
  6. Final round part two
    end of program
1 Like

Yes - that is pretty much the format of how it went.

Nine also started randomly at S08E04. Not sure if they are just randomly shuffling the episodes, or wanted to start with a decent winner for the first episode (the winner took home nearly 3,000 pound)

2 Likes

The rest of the week is as follows -

Tuesday - S08E01
Wednesday - S08E02
Thursday - S08E03
Friday - S08E05

Also watched a brief snippet on 9Now and it appears they have cut out the program title going in and out of the ad breaks.

1 Like

On today’s episode, the whole third round (where the two remaining contestants take turn in answering questions) was omitted (at least in NSW and Victoria) due to the breaking news about the New Zealand volcano.

1 Like

The entire episode aired in here in Queensland.

3 Likes

Any regular watchers for this show so far?
Good addition to the Nine schedule? Or is it just a filler for a few weeks, until the tennis starts, and this show will be long forgotten in the new year?

One it’s debut TV Tonight was saying that it was down on Nine News Now and was well behind Judge Judy on 10.

2 Likes

I’d hate to see Tipping Point disappear from Nine’s afternoon schedule once the tennis finishes.

If they do decide to retain the show then they should keep it at 3:00pm so as to go H2H with The Chase (which has been on air since August 2013) and then Nine News Now can move to an hour earlier so that can go H2H with The Daily Edition.

I have also heard someone on Twitter say that having ad breaks in the middle of the first and final rounds ruins the flow of the show.

1 Like

I’ve had this idea for a while…

I say get rid of Hot Seat altogether. The format is outdated and ratings for the show have been dire (this in turn has impacted on the 6:00pm news ratings outside of Sydney).

I have a feeling Nine will launch a local version of Tipping Point sometime in the second half of 2020 - if this happens, Monday August 10 would be an ideal premiere date (the day after the Closing Ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics).

1 Like

I reckon if Nine did launch an Australian Tipping Point, it should be launched during the Olympics next year, as The Chase will likely be off because of the Olympics.

1 Like

If they did, then the early ratings would obviously be dwarfed by afternoon coverage from Tokyo.

I also think Monday August 10 is an ideal date for Nine Sydney to move into their new North Sydney headquarters. Although Nine won’t have the rights to the Olympics next year, it would be similar to how Seven Sydney moved their news operations to Martin Place on Monday August 30 - immediately after the 2004 Athens Olympics Closing Ceremony.

Seen 4 episodes. It’s boring as bat-poop and offers no real stimulation.

1 Like

I reckon there would be a lot of The Chase fans who don’t care about the Olympics (like me).

Would be a huge risk but could pay off.

3 Likes