Tipping Point

Do Nine really want to be removing a bulletin from the Nine News brand at a time where Seven are knocking on their door at most times?

1 Like

Yes, 9news now isn’t the best bulletin on air at the moment. I don’t think it really promotes the 9 News brand.

Nine would be better off relaunching Nighline.

4 Likes

If Nine News Now was a dog it would be cruel not to put it down

1 Like

I specifically said Nine would only be airing the UK version. The point of the article was that if successful they would presumably be looking at a local version. I also revealed they had only bought a “short run” rights.

4 Likes

With packages that are repeated during the 4pm bulletin, a clickbaity “Showbiz” segment + questionable presenters and Cat Fight Chat Room guests, I certainly wouldn’t be too upset if Nine News Now were to be replaced with Tipping Point UK.

2 Likes

I also don’t see the need for Nine to have back-to-back news bulletins at 3:00pm and 4:00pm, esp when some of the content is the same. I agree that Nine News Now needs to go, and I think the money Nine would save by axing the show could be used to (say) revive Nightline.

3 Likes

Lego Masters?

No. Tipping Point.

1 Like

I just saw the promo for Tipping Point this evening, during an ad break on Millionaire Hot Seat.

It still says “Coming Soon” though I suspect the earliest the show (the British version at least) could start appearing on Nine is either next month, or after the Australian Open.

2 Likes

Starts Monday 2 December 2019.

6 Likes

What timeslot are we expecting?

If at 5pm and the British version of Tipping Point rates well enough, you’d think Nine could potentially commission an Australian version to replace Hot Seat?

4 Likes

For the British version of Tipping Point, I would think that Nine will air it at 2pm. Let’s see how the ratings fare. Hot Seat is on its downward trend and being beaten by The Chase since 2016. If Tipping Point UK is a success then I think 9 will get an Australian version with a different host. Channel 9 needs to fix up it’s 5pm timeslot, especially for Perth.

1 Like

I reckon David Campbell might be a potentially good host for the Aussie version if it is commissioned. I just can’t see Eddie McGuire doing it (does he have to host every single game show on Nine?).

1 Like

I know Eddie is from Melbourne and David Campbell is From Sydney. If David Campbell hosts this Game show, will it be either in Melbourne or Sydney?

Doesn’t really matter. The presenters usually just fly in, fly out these days.

1 Like

Yes.

Bring back Quizmania (but with Eddie McGuire)

There are precedents. Andrew O’Keefe is originally from Sydney and had to fly down to Melbourne regularly to film The Chase Australia, while Cornelia Frances was also mostly based in Sydney and had to fly south to film The Weakest Link.

That being said, it is likely Tipping Point Australia (if it is commissioned) will be filmed and produced in Melbourne, at Nine’s Docklands studios (NOT the one near Marvel Stadium but rather the television studios at the harbour).

Don’t know if I’d quite say he’s on the smug/arrogant side, but there’s something about David Campbell that I don’t particularly like as a TV presenter. Maybe that’s just me.

Not to mention that Eddie McGuire (and Andrew O’Keefe, to be fair) is a rather polarising personality in general.

…and didn’t Larry Emdur fly down to Melbourne from Sydney for The Price Is Right when it was on Nine?

Either way, it really goes without saying that Tipping Point will most likely be filmed in either Sydney or Melbourne since the majority of national entertainment shows on TV are produced from those two cities these days.

He would have, yes. I’m not too sure about where the rebooted Seven version was filmed in 2012, though. Chances are it may have also been filmed in Sydney to cater for Emdur’s Morning Show commitments.

Quite the keen observation.

The UK version looks boring as batshit and a bit too close to the Pointless UK game show style.

1 Like