Tipping Point

Audience ticket information should be able to confirm this but they’ll be filming at least 3-4 episodes a day (I suspect two sessions of two episodes in each), so we’re talking 25-34 days for a block of 100 episodes. Plenty of time between the Australian Open and French Open and US Open and Christmas to film two blocks of episodes a year. The 100 in the can already should see them through to the Olympics with repeats starting to be introduced around Easter I suspect. Add in Friday repeats and they’d get away with probably 60 additional episodes to get through to the end of November.

I suspect moving forward too they’ll probably be at most 40 weeks of 3-4 new episodes a week from the second year so you’re looking at 30-40 filming days a year. It’s a good gig if you can get it.

The Chase UK doesn’t even film annually anymore - they just record a stack of episodes every couple of years with production often on a long hiatus when Bradley is away filming things.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Assuming though $20k is the jackpot if you win it in the final round (although it could be potentially $40k, even $80k with the doubles) it seems a bit of a flaw that you possibly have a chance of a better prize if you don’t win the jackpot and then gamble.

2 Likes

Just caught up on the episode. Loved it. Todd was great. I can see this being really successful at 5PM.

7 Likes

Were the questions as easy as the UK version?

1 Like

I asked Colin Vickery on Twitter (and yes I still call it that) how Tipping Point rated last night.

https://x.com/colvick/status/1739105221874430388

Not a bad result, though the jury will be out when it “officially” launches after the tennis.

1 Like

You could’ve found your answer First on MediaSpy ™

11 Likes

How very odd.

3 Likes

The show picked up a sizeable regional audience plus 35k BVOD.

9 Likes

Maybe Avatar was just testing Colin out!

Good to see both numbers align.

1 Like

I really like the first ep of Tipping Point AU! I prefer the Aussie more than the UK one. The crowd gives it more of excitement!

1 Like

Latest promo running opens with “This is the new 5 o’clock game changer”. However the promo shown in Perth is missing this v/o. Instead it starts with Todd saying “It’s a game of strategy…”. The rest of the promo is the same. So it suggests that Perth will keep WA News First and slot the new Tipping Point Australia into the 4pm spot that currently has the Tipping Point UK - an easy switch. Highly speculative of course.

6 Likes

Yes, not so game changing at 4pm now, is it?

So do we know what will happen to airing at 3pm? Nine News Now will be back or still Tipping Point UK?

I reckon PER/ADL might see

2pm Tipping Point UK
3pm Pointless
4pm Tipping Point AU
5pm Nine News 5pm

5 Likes

Adelaide is returning afternoon news to 4:00 pm

9 Likes

They should keep the afternoon news at 5pm in Perth. It rates quite well in the time slot and is helping 6pm rate better as well. Putting it back at 4pm would not be a smart decision for either the news or Tipping Point in Perth. 9 needs to do something different to 7 to get better ratings in the west imo.

3 Likes

Is it though?

I think it’s better to have a uniform schedule and Tipping Point should do well over in Perth.

5 Likes

Some food for thought.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a game board for Tipping Point is produced and then eventually sold at Big W, Target etc. in the coming months. I say this because there have been game boards produced for The Chase Australia, Family Feud etc.

A game board for the British version already exists, so therefore for the Australian market it would need to be retooled to include Todd Woodbridge instead of Ben Shephard, and also include questions/answers suited to the local audience (for example, including some AFL/NRL questions, local music questions etc.).

4 Likes

And if you don’t like how you are going, you can just tip the board over! And that can be your “Tipping Pont”!

1 Like