The X Files

I guess we will never know because ten are never willing to go hard…

How do we know Australia’s got talent and MKR will even fire this year? Both have seen declines in their previous seasons. Plus it will be extremely unlikely that the MKR or Talent will finish at 9 on the dot. I would expect it to more likely finish around 9:15. Does that mean ten will drag Celeb out until that time? I can’t see people switching the channel at that time anyway. They would more likely PVR it after 9. Might as well put it on at 8:30 and let people PVR it at that time.

And most likely those shows will have two hour premieres.

Well in 2014, Ten did try going it alone to disastrous results. Nearly all their schedule was out of synch with 7 and 9 with 8.30pm starts every night with virtually no over-runs and keeping strictly to advertised start times. They learn’t their lesson last year.

Do you think that had more to do with the shows that they had on offer? For example a series of The Biggest Loser that was actually supposed to be used as a shorter run series the previous year?

Obviously what I am talking about was just part of the problem but it contributed.

Ten insisted on having all their 7.30 shows finish 10-15 minutes before Seven and Nine’s programming - same happened with Masterchef so that the lead out programs had no chance as well. However, it wasn’t just the finish times - their shows all started on the dot of 7.30 while Home and Away and ACA all seemed to run 5-10 minutes late. While The Block was on, ACA was notorious for going to an advert at 7.28 and coming back to just previews of the next day. Good ratings tactic but not respectful of viewers.

I understand many networks do it. I hate it and this is what puts me off watching free to air television. I honestly only really watch sports now on free to air and watch the majority of my shows on streaming services.

I guess my point is I can’t see X Files doing any differently or any worse starting at 8:30 than 9:00/9:15.

Which makes me wonder why you’re so concerned about Ten doing well if you watch nothing on it?

Not about ten I would just rather watch show on tv rather than online or streaming services. It could save on my data.

There were plenty of 90min episodes of Celebrity last year, this is nothing new. I’m glad episode 2 is 90mins, there will be a lot of content of the contestants getting to know each other etc.

Mock for temporary watermark

Ridiculous this wasn’t on last night

Agreed. I really wanted to watch it last night.

Kind of agree. But with what as a lead in at 7.30?

Who cares about a lead in? If you really wanted to watch it you would. They could have even shown it on One or Eleven. Waking up this morning I’m seriously considering downloading it.

The first episode received mixed reviews when it aired late Sunday night after live NFL. Initial ratings reveal it was watched by 13.4 million viewers, although that figure will be adjusted since the show started 23 minutes late.

Who cares about a lead in? If you really wanted to watch it you would.

Anyone who programs a network for profit.

Not everyone knows to tune in at a given time.

A large chunk of s shows’s success is dependent on lead in.

Hello 7 News at 6

X Files could have aired at 7.30pm

1 Like

Total viewership numbers :confounded:

Its share was 5.1 which is enormous for a drama- nothing has come close recently (besides the first few eps of Empire). However there’s going to be a large drop when the figures are adjusted and a further drop tonight (Monday US) when there isn’t that NFL lead in. I’m expecting high 3s to low 4s. Which is still an outstanding success if that were to happen.

Like you said reviews were very mixed, many agreed it wasn’t that great but it wasn’t bad enough to ruin the series return. Luckily the first episode was left on a cliffhanger so it’s likely that it’s quality won’t affect Monday’s ratings too much.

1 Like

When was the last time a drama worked at 7.30?

Always Greener?