The X Files

Right. So 13 years ago.

Not a great track record of drama working at 7.30. People don’t go looking or drama at 7.30 - the show would have died before it began

I agree it would have been great at 8.30 last night - but without a strong lead in…not so sure.

Perhaps an all new hour of Modern Family - as a one off? But as an island at 8.30 by itself - no - better to wait for the Celebrity lead in I think

If you were talking about a new show, I would agree. But I think X Files is a different case.

Either way, slow-tracking means The X Files will die in this country.

1 Like

Mcleods Daughters worked back in its hey day.

I guess the difference is we have never seen a drama rated M at 7:30. So we can’t get a fair comparison to see if it would rate.

1 Like

Then Ten should run 2 eps week 1 and catch up to the US

Which they are, on Sunday and Monday, but then they’ll be behind by Tuesday.

The X-Files’ 18-49 ratings fell in the US on Monday but the 3.2 rating is still a good result.

What’s the total? Would it make the top 10?

[quote=“JBar, post:47, topic:449”]
What’s the total? Would it make the top 10?[/quote]
The total audience was 9.67 million, third for the night behind Scorpion and NCIS: Los Angeles.

1 Like

It was number one for the night in the figure that counts, 18-49 share, which it scored a 3.2. Still an outstanding result, making the show the highest rating drama in the US at the moment, after Empire. However, considering Sunday’s ratings for the X-Files were adjusted up to a 6.1, it is a significant drop, even for a show that previously had an NFL lead in and now doesn’t.

The closest following the X-Files was the premiere of Lucifer at 2.4, which is likely to decrease next week.

1 Like

Total viewers don’t matter in the US. If it continues rating this well, even if it drops into the mid 2s in the 18-49 demo, it is 100% getting renewed if Gillian and David agree to do more seasons. It also helps that it’s on FOX which basically only has Empire and American Idol that rate well, everything else on the network rates mediocre. I mean this is a network that just renewed Scream Queens that was averaging around 3m viewers and a 1.0 in the 18-49 demo.

1 Like

That’s pretty low for a debut in the stronghold in the US. Doesn’t matter what counts, yep 18-49 is their demo but 9.67 million is a fucking failure.

I predict this will be the final straw on the camels back - X files will be axed again. :stuck_out_tongue:

What are you talking about? You’re showing a complete lack of understanding of the US market.

The prem ep of X Files got a 3.2 rating with NFL as it’s lead in, and ep 2 got a 3.2 rating with NO lead in

That is a qualified success. Hands down.

Google on the web - there are dozens of articles declaring the show a massive success.

3.2 for a drama is huge. And based on the first two eps alone Fox will most likely order more episodes.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to be a jerk at all. I wasn’t being rude (or at least didn’t mean to)

The X Files ratings for ep 1 and 2 is a qualified success anyway you look at it. Fox, advertisers, Hollywood, TV studios and execs all agree. It’s a bonfide rock solid hit (thus far) It’s a simple fact.

If your opinion is that is a “fucking failure” - it’s kind of akin to calling The Block or Masterchef a fucking failure.

It’s just not true. But you can believe that if you wish. But if you were saying that to the face of a FOX or Hollywood exec, how would you back up your “belief”?

Here is the ratings for last week: You’ll see X Files is the #3 show on US TV after football. And nothing ever comes close to football. You’ll see X Files got adjusted up to a 6.1 rating. It’s next closest challenger was a 2.4 rating.

The next night (without a State of Origon size lead in) the show dropped to a 3.2. That would STILL make it the #1 non sports show on US TV

So how on earth is it a “fucking failure” in your mind?

If you ran a US network and had the #1 non football show on TV you would call it a failure?

3 Likes

Haha what are you on about? It really does matter which figure you look at. Shows get renewed on 18-49 share, full stop. Advertisers pay based on that figure. [quote=“ShadowDan, post:50, topic:449”]
I predict this will be the final straw on the camels back - X files will be axed again.
[/quote]
Any show that gets over a 1.8 on any network is guaranteed renewal, so the X-Files definitely won’t not be returning due to ratings.

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about so why bother.

2 Likes

If anyone is calling the X Files a failure then every other show besides Empire and Big Bang is a failure on free to air channels in the US. Its the third biggest show in the US in the 18-49 demo.

2 Likes

Just to let everyone know in Live +3 ratings X Files got a 7.8 in the 18-49 demo and 20 million in total viewers making it the second most watched show of the week behind NCIS, but the biggest show in the 18-49 demographic. Still awaiting the second episodes adjusted numbers.

1 Like

It’s got the same feel as the original version. Well done to the producers. Shake I’ve moved on in my tastes since I was in high school.

Robert Patrick will have a quiet chuckle to himself. That’ll teach them not to make Agent John Doggett the star of this reboot!

1 Like