The Wrong Girl

Really? Do you know him personally?

Well I took BJTā€™s advice and watched this. Big mistake. A complete load of horse manure. Did Ten seriously think that this show would appeal to anyone over 30 with an IQ above 75?

IsJessica Marais idea of emotng simply staring into space with ā€œthatā€ look on her face?

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say horse manureā€¦ but yes, the show is a little slow. I would put it into the same category as Wonderland.

1 Like

Surprisingly big audience last night for the encore screening, outrating The Code final and Deep Water as well as Survivor.

Itā€™s being hurt by being up against Doctor Doctor. I suppose with so many repeats people will eventually see it.

Domain has a great article on why the producers filmed the TV series in Melbourne (specifically Yarraville), instead of Sydney where the novel takes place.

Why?

Seems that viewers prefer Mudgee.

Probably would have made a lot more sense to viewers if the ā€œBreakfast Barā€ was being made in Sydney too given that all the breakfast/morning shows actually do in real life.

1 Like

News Breakfast though.

1 Like

I wonder how Karl (or Kochie) feel about being portrayed as someone who sexually harasses their staff? As seen on last nights ep with the character of Eric (the host). I mean if it was comedy you could just claim satire but this show has clearly been advertised as a drama and the cast have been quoted saying they are basing their characters off existing breakfast TV hosts.

What has the show got to do with Karl or Kochie?

6 Likes

Domain must have a sponsorship deal with them or something?

http://www.domain.com.au/news/the-wrong-girl-with-the-right-plan-why-jessica-marais-doesnt-own-a-house

For some reason both Fairfax & News devote a lot of coverage to Ten Network programs. Kudos for this must go to Tenā€™s publicity department. Sadly for Ten, mainstream media doesnā€™t have much impact in 2016.

Iā€™m liking it!

I gave up on it unfortunately. Really wanted to like it just found myself twiddling my thumbs. Upper Middle Bogan will be my preffered show.

I caught up today and Iā€™m liking it. Itā€™s binge worthy.

2 Likes

I agree that plot-wise the show is somewhat slow and dry, but its strength is its authenticity, which is particularly boosted by its characters and the inner-city setting that is used quite extensively- something that isnā€™t often seen in the world of lower-budget Australian dramas. Iā€™ll keep watching it.

Weā€™re all different but authentic is not a word that comes to mind. I thought they were all dreadful caricatures, complete with popping eyes & moustache twirling. About as authentic as a $3 note.