The Wrong Girl

Yeah and Craig Mchlachlan took his inspiration from Karl. Its obvious but those two aren’t the ones writing these characters. From the promos and the first episode I saw Erica seems like a bitch so how would that make Lisa or Sonia feel?

Have you met Sonia? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi @Drew_1981, I’ve been sitting here biting my tongue, but I have now had a chance to watch your pilot and quite frankly I’d appreciate it if you could let me know who I can contact about being reimbursed for my time. It’s quite clear that you’re trying to use this TV Show and this forum as yet another platform to try to get an audience for your half-baked production that at best is a high school level production.

It’s a fantastic effort to have even got to the stage of filming a pilot, but it’s a hell of a long way off being a workable product. The pilot fails to show off any story line potential, and is largely just a bunch of interviews with characters with very little indication of what their job is and how they fit into the rest of the story line. I actually found out more about the story line on your “About” page than I did in 23 minutes of footage. The biggest laugh I got was they you call it a “comedy documentary” when it is in fact neither.

To claim the charters are carbon copies of yours is a bit rich - I see very little resemblance aside from the fact that it is based on the set of a breakfast TV show and there are male and female characters. It also highlights your inexperience when you say that you are upset that you were never going to ask where you saw it progressing - the pilot is supposed to do that for you - viewers aren’t going to see out the opinions of the writers/director/producer before deciding if they’ll hang around to watch episode 2!

I would also question your claims on your views - the videos on your website are each showing less than 100 views. As for the videos on your facebook page - both trailers, one with nearly 10,000 views and 5 likes, and the other with nearly 17,000 views and 7 likes - so I think that response highlights the audience’s response to your product.

Out of the 5 posts you have made in this topic (also being all the posts you have made on this forum), very few relate to The Wrong Girl, so I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that it is good forum etiquette to no go off-topic.

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind comments :slight_smile: I have kept it on topic to the best of my ability. You don’t know anything about me or my life so I will therefore not assume the way you live which is pretty obvious. have a great day!

1 Like

I saw first episode tonight. It was good, Jessica Marais is right into her character. It was great to see parts of Melbourne’s west showcased (North Melbourne, Yarraville).
Trivia: the office building near the corner of William and Flinders Streets in Melbourne CBD was used as office of The Breakfast Bar program.

4 Likes

Interesting to hear they used The Project studio for The Breaky Bar and shot over weekends.

3 Likes

I totally forgot all about your posts and thought you were linking to a review, and then seeing it thought you were publishing a spoiler about a rival breakfast show on Wrong Girl. But as I started to read it remembered your posts (I never clicked the link to your website back then).

Wrong Girl was pretty good. A little soapy, but much much better than Doctor Doctor.

2 Likes

I thought the show was decent and has potential, however the first episode didn’t grab me as much as I wanted it too. I will definitely be back next week and really liked Jessica Marais.

Geez dude you need to move on. This is not a blog about the Wrong Girl… it’s a sour post to once again try and promote your amateur attempt at a pilot. You seem extremely jealous that something has come on TV that even remotely sits in a similar category to what you did years ago. There are plenty of dramas and shows on television that have similar elements. So what? You are flogging a dead horse mate. Continue to be bitter and jealous if you want but you really have nothing to stand on.

1 Like

I agree. I think one of the biggest positives for this show is its pace.[quote=“Drew_1981, post:88, topic:1109”]
I would love to hear feedback from you guys on the project idea and what you think about my situation?
[/quote] I don’t mind your version. One problem I noticed in the pilot that it lacks the appeal to you main audience if it went to air- women. I think I would do better on commercial TV if it had more drama etc.

Ten have even gone to the trouble of creating a website for fictional breakfast show “The Breakfast Bar”: http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-breakfast-bar

Its just an opinion piece like many sites have done (MolksTV didn’t like it) you are welcome to agree or disagree. Once again you have no idea of the full back story and you just keep living your life the way you do :slight_smile:

The Breakfast Bar webisodes look interesting…

I reckon Ten should go the whole hog and run The Breakfast Bar as an actual program on Wednesday mornings… have the hosts in character commenting on the real-world events of the day, plus slip in some banter that could hint to the plot points of that night’s episode.

Can’t rate any worse than what they’re showing now…

3 Likes

Ten put more effort in promoting their fictional breakfast program than when they actually had a real one.

Biggest failure was not promoting the new breakfast shows in prime time.

Ten oversee many failures because they have a bizarre promotional strategy

7 Likes

Im amazed at how Ten have put so much effort into a fictional Morning News programs. If only they could deliver this in real life.

3 Likes

I liked the show but I think I was expecting more.

There wasn’t as much comedy as I thought there was going to be from the promos. Maybe if there is more focus on The Breakfast Bar in coming episodes this may change.

1 Like

I really like Jessica Marais but Wrong Girl is terrible. Slow, boring.

1 Like

Breakfast Bar set and graphics

2 Likes

I’m not sure even Jessica can save this show. Craig McLachlan is about the only thing that is entertaining unfortunately.

1 Like

I missed the first episode but tuned into the second. Have to agree not really interesting enough to keep me watching. I might binge watch at the end of the season. Just not that interesting.

1 Like

This is why I think this topic and format would be much better as a sitcom. You can’t have a serious in reality drama show with these outlandish TV host characters. Even Karl is a normal human being away from the cameras.