The Wrong Girl

Correct, also Love Child on 9 which as far as I’m aware quickly wrapped up before the Olympics started.

If she’s appearing in this for TEN, I daresay she’s not contracted to any network in particular rather the production company making the show.

1 Like

These days it’s more common to be contracted to shows not networks.

Julie Morris does I’m A Celeb on Ten and House Husbands on Nine.
Marta Dusseldorp is on Janet King on ABC and A Place to Call Home, first on Seven and now on Foxtel.

2 Likes

I was a big fan of Jessica Marais on Rafters. She is a fantastic actress.

Even if she was contracted to Seven during Rafters… why would she still have anything to do with the network? Jessica Marais left Rafters over 5 years ago. She has done a lot since then including Love Child on Nine and Carlotta on the ABC.

Not to mention “Magic City” in America for two years after she left Rafters.

I’ve spotted ads for this show on Brisbane buses,I’ll check it out next week and see if I like it

Her co-star Craig McLachlan plays the title character in The Doctor Blake Mysteries on the ABC.

I’m hearing quite a lot of feedback that the Wrong Girl is a real mess. Not really my cup of tea, so I’m unlikely to watch anyway.

Interesting. Every review I have read in newspapers and online has said it is excellent and will be a hit.

Let me guess - all the positive reviews are mainly from New Ltd. When was the last time they were negative about a TEN show?
Seeing quite a few negative tweets as well.

Reviews don’t always guarantee success for a show,l’ve read reviews in the past saying a show will be a flop and it doesn’t always turn out that way.Let’s wait and see what viewers think next week.

I have heard the complete opposite from people who watched the show… Interesting.

2 Likes

It will probably rate well, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will be good (or bad) Everything is subjective so maybe I’ve heard from the few who don’t like it.
I note that my old mate MolkTV from Twitter doesn’t like it.

I’d even go as far as saying that this is by far the best Australian drama I’ve seen in a long time, based on already watching the first episode.

4 Likes

Fair enough, but given your icon, I wonder if your opinion may be swayed by your loyalty?

I think that is exactly right. Like with any show. Peoples tastes are different and opinions are subjective. I have never come across a show, telecast etc that suits everyone’s taste. The only show I have ever seen that had the same opinion on it was Yasmin’s Getting Married. SHIT.

1 Like

Incorrect.
As for tweets there are plenty of positive.
The loudest critic of the show appears to be Steve Molk but he has been anti anything Ten since they left him off the invite list for the upfronts.

1 Like

Good. The previews look great and I’m a big fan of Jessica Marais. I’m really looking forward to it.

1 Like

Incorrect? An opinion different to yours is incorrect?
Perhaps you disagree?
There were many positive tweets about this show & as I stated there were quite a few negative tweets as well, if I’m not incorrect.

I’m honestly surprised it’s taken this long for someone to make that assumption or connection, the difference being I wouldn’t support or defend the dumb decisions the network makes and happy to call them out on that where I see necessary. And whilst the majority of the small amount of FTA television that I do watch is on TEN there was just something about the premise of this show that drew me in.

Definitely the fact that it is set around a morning television show was always going to get my attention, but there is a certain sort of wittiness about the show that has been carried over from the book which is typical of Zoe Foster-Blake, Jessica is an amazing lead actor and really is the star of this show and coupled with a great supporting cast you’ve got a great production. I really hope it works for them!

As mentioned above though all opinions like mine are purely subjective and not everyone is going to like it, but for what it’s worth I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to see more.

3 Likes

Great answer. As mentioned, all opinions are subjective & there are no
incorrect opinions.

1 Like