The Wrong Girl

Those scenes were filmed in the Melbourne building utilizing The Project set and specially designed set pieces to cover the rest for this series.

They are Doris Younane from McLeod’s Daughters and Kerry Armstrong from SeaChange. Plus Craig McLachlan from The Doctor Blake Mysteries, Madeleine West from Neighbours, Ian Meadows from The Moodys and Hamish Blake.

1 Like

According to Herald Sun, a second series has already been written. Which is about a month or so away from premiering on TEN
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/brynne-gordon-hits-the-screens-on-reality-show-clubland/news-story/b026e851977bf26051319ae750bf6a45

The article says that a second season is [apparently] being written, it doesn’t say that is HAS been written.

1 Like

It looks quite good. So if a second season is being written, Ten have full confidence in it.

1 Like

###Welcome To The Wrong Girl.

TEN’s Exciting, Fresh New Drama Starring Jessica Marais.

Premieres Wednesday 28 September At 8.30pm. On TEN And WIN Network.

Network Ten is delighted to announce the highly anticipated new contemporary drama, The Wrong Girl, will premiere on Wednesday, 28 September at 8.30pm.

Based on the hit book by Zoë Foster Blake, The Wrong Girl follows the life of 29-year-old breakfast television producer Lily Woodward, played by Jessica Marais. Like everyone, Lily wants a life rich in romance, a dynamic career and a happy family, but getting there is complicated.

Jessica Marais said: “I’m thrilled to bring the character of Lily Woodward to life. She is fun, confident, determined, quick to react and disarmingly charismatic. I hope audiences love her as much as I do.

“It has been a pleasure working with the exceptional cast and crew, and I’m incredibly proud to be involved in this fresh and exciting new drama”.

Joining Jessica is a stellar cast including Craig McLachlan, Kerry Armstrong, Madeleine West, Hamish Blake, Doris Younane, Steve Vizard, Rob Collins, Ian Meadows, Hayley Magnus, Kevin Harrington, Leah Vandenberg, Christie Whelan Browne, Hugo Johnstone-Burt, David Woods and Cecelia Peters.

Network Ten Head of Drama, Rick Maier, said: “We’ve waited years to find the right vehicle for Jessica Marais, and it’s a great joy to welcome her to TEN.

“If you’ve ever wondered what happens behind the scenes on a morning breakfast show, then this is the show for you. The Wrong Girl is fresh, funny, romantic and – we hope – does justice to ZoĂ« Foster Blake’s brilliant book.

Author ZoĂ« Foster Blake said: “Having your novel made into a TV show is one thing, but having the very best writers, cast and crew create that TV show, and for it to air on Network Ten, well, that’s another thing entirely. I can’t wait for Australia to see The Wrong Girl. It and Jessica Marais in particular are everything I hoped for: funny, heartfelt, relevant and authentic."

The Wrong Girl is for anyone who has diligently played by the rules, only to realise everyone else is playing a different game.

1 Like

Surprised that this isn’t premiering after Bachelorette the week earlier on the 21st.

For eager eyes, tenplay have a interview with Jessica Marais / behind the scenes look which features quite a few scenes and footage in ‘The Breakfast Bar’ set filmed in The Project studios at the Como Centre in Melbourne.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-wrong-girl

1 Like

It will be hard to fill the shoes of Offspring but looks like The Wong Girl may get some positive reviews which might help.

Move over Bridget Jones, Ten’s new drama The Wrong Girl is so right, right now

4 Likes

That’s one heck of a positive review by Byrnes. I hope it lives up to expectations.

The Wrong Girl Exclusive Preview On tenplay.
Special Online Event For Limited Time Only.

Network Ten is delighted to announce that the first episode of highly anticipated new contemporary drama, The Wrong Girl, will preview exclusively on tenplay.

From 9am on Wednesday 21 September, TEN’s exciting, fresh new drama starring Jessica Marais will be available to view to tenplay members for a limited time only. The Wrong Girl will premiere on TEN one week later on Wednesday, 28 September at 8.30pm on TEN.

tenplay users can register to be the first to see the new all-star Australian drama series by visiting https://tenplay.com.au/thewronggirlpreview

Based on the hit book by Zoë Foster Blake, The Wrong Girl follows the life of 29-year-old Lily Woodward, a hot shot producer on the successful breakfast television show The Breakfast Bar. Like everyone, Lily wants a life rich in romance, a dynamic career and a happy family, but getting there is complicated.

Joining Jessica is a stellar cast including Craig McLachlan, Kerry Armstrong, Madeleine West, Hamish Blake, Doris Younane, Steve Vizard, Rob Collins, Ian Meadows, Hayley Magnus, Kevin Harrington, Leah Vandenberg, Christie Whelan Browne, Hugo Johnstone-Burt, David Woods and Cecelia Peters.

tenplay users can currently watch behind-the-scenes interviews, cast biographies and more by visiting www.tenplay.com.au/thewronggirl.

A further special dedicated website for The Wrong Girl’s morning show, The Breakfast Bar, will feature on tenplay. Full of funny excerpts, bloopers, bonus scenes and exclusive videos, The Breakfast Bar mini-website will launch following the drama’s premiere on TEN.

Network Ten General Manager, Digital, Liz Baldwin, said: “The demand for home-grown Australian drama on tenplay is exceptional and we’re excited to offer our digital audiences a special look at the first episode of The Wrong Girl.”

I like the sound of the mini-site for The Breakfast Bar, testing out to see if this format could work in real life? :joy:

Craig McLachlan is actually made for breakfast tv and Madaleine West has been a real surprise packet when she has been on Studio10. Wake Up take 2?

Bizarre decision not to launch Wrong Girl straight off the back of Offspring’s finale and The Bachelorette premiere.
Ten giving Doctor Doctor a helping hand.

3 Likes

Or maybe it’s allowed people to see how average Doctor Doctor is so they’ll give it a miss and watch Wrong Girl.

2 Likes

I think the reason is because the premiere episode of The Bachelorette is so long. It’s schedule to run 7.30pm to 9.15pm and knowing how late these things can drag on will probably finish at 9.30pm. Too late for the launch of The Wrong Girl.

1 Like

The Bachelorette premiere runs until 9:15 in the schedule, so probably too late to start a drama. I suppose Ten could have made a shorter opening ep for the reality show.

This won’t end up like Wonderland ?

Also, having it on Tenplay, won’t that lower audience numbers as people won’t watch it on tv that night?

This show is miles ahead of Wonderland in terms of premise, quality & casting. I don’t believe premiering the first episode on tenplay affected Offsprings season premiere where they did the same thing not long ago.

Also 9 seem to do it with their shows on 9Now also, generally it builds excitement about the show, gets people talking about it on social media & through friend networks so they probably hope that people like it enough to tune in again on the night.

7 Likes

I think they’re limiting the amount of people who can watch on Tenplay
 it is a finite window of opportunity as well.

I caught the offspring premiere but it was only available for like 24 hours and only 20,000 people could watch it, or something along those lines so barely impact on the broadcast premiere.

1 Like

Just watched the first episode on tenplay. Jessica (Lily) is an absolute stand out in this, I’ve not watched any of her previous work but she’s fantastic. Will probably watch it again on the tv next week to see it in HD and really looking forward to the rest of the episodes. I reckon TEN are on to a winner here, especially as a lead out from The Bachelorette.

1 Like

Wasn’t she on Packed to the Rafters ? No longer contracted to Seven ?