The Voice

Niall Horan will also perform at The Voice finale.

Interesting to see if the Today Show has secured him to perform as well.

@CBR Richard Wilkins mentioned this morning that his first performance here will be on The Today Show.

1 Like

Thanks! Didn’t have a chance to watch the show this morning.

Jessica Mauboy will perform her new single Fallin’ on the semi final next Sunday, June 25. The song will also feature on the second season of The Secret Daughter which is being filmed in Sydney for Seven, and included in the soundtrack album.

Nine promoting Seven’s show. How nice of them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Alfie Arcuri will also perform on next Sunday’s semi final. Jennifer Hudson will stay in Sydney for a couple more days mentoring the eight remaining contestants. Only four will make it to the grand final.
My fellow Delta fans were very upset after she lost two contestants in one night: Claire and Tim, leaving Judah as the favourite to win the title.
Tonight’s episode finished right at 9.30pm. Even though it takes about 3 minutes to put up a set for each performance, I still think the producers can better manage the show so it will not run way overtime.

1 Like

THE VOICE LIVE SHOW #3 UPDATE

Last night on the third Live Show for The Voice 2017, we parted ways with not one, but two of our finalists. Leaving the competition was Tim Conlon and Claire Howell, both from Team Delta, with Berni Harrison surviving the bottom three sudden-death sing-off.

The night was a star-studded affair, with stellar performances from multi-talented global superstars Jennifer Hudson and Hailee Steinfeld.

Oscar and Grammy Award-winning Jennifer Hudson wowed the crowd with a stunning rendition of her brand-new hit single ‘Remember Me’, while Hailee Steinfeld performed an energetic medley of two of her hits – ‘Most Girls’ and ‘Starving’.

The remaining eight Artists will now prepare to perform in The Voice Semi-Final on Sunday June 25, 2017 at 7:00 PM on Channel Nine, with special musical guests Alfie Arcuri and Jessica Mauboy performing live in-studio.

The remaining teams and Top Eight are as follows:

Team Delta
Judah Kelly

Team Seal
Lucy Sugerman
Berni Harrison
Rennie Adams

Team George
Hoseah Partsch
Sarah Stone

Team Kelly
Fasika Ayallew
Spencer Jones

Streaming or purchasing the artists tracks on Apple Music or iTunes contributes votes towards your favourite artist for the next live show, as does voting via The Voice app. For more details on voting, please visit www.thevoice.com.au/vote

I am very late to sampling The Voice, but I watched the performance show on Sunday night and I don’t know if its the contestant or the production quality, but the vocalists did not seem to have the strong voices X Factor used to have, especially the females. I know X Factor was almost over produced.

In comparison they made Jennifer Hudson sound phenomenal.

1 Like

She is anyway but The Voice hasn’t discovered a single successful talent yet.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I was waiting on the female contestants to really hit notes, similar to Dami Im or even the Aus Idol Contestants.

I couldn’t see much point of difference to this show, but I guess that is because the swinging chair round has finished.

I wonder why Nine can’t remove this from or put up a notice like “it’s too late to vote now” for the encore screenings?

1 Like

Sonia Kruger told viewers that the voice auditions for 2018 are still open.

Scheduled for 2.5 hours and it still goes over time. Disgusting.

3 Likes

Tonight’s semi final was way too long, finishing at 9.53pm. Considering the top six contestants had to sing again, the producers should have left out a guest performance.
The four grand finalists are:
Judah Kelly (Team Delta)
Lucy Sugerman (Team Seal)
Fasika Ayallew (Team Kelly)
Hoseah Partsch (Team George)
Noah Cyrus (younger sister of Miley) will join Katy Perry and Niall Horan on the grand final next Sunday.

THE VOICE SEMI-FINAL UPDATE

Last night on the Semi-Final for The Voice 2017, the final four Artists who will take the stage at the Grand Finale were set. Entering the final stage of the competition are Judah Kelly, Fasika Ayallew, Hoseah Partsch and Lucy Sugerman.
They will prepare to perform one last time next Sunday, July 2nd at 7PM on Channel Nine, in their journey to be crowned winner of The Voice 2017, taking home $100,000 in cash and a coveted recording contract with Universal Music Australia.

Leaving the competition was Sarah Stone, Rennie Adams, Berni Harrison and Spencer Jones, as the Semi Final recorded more votes than any other episode in The history of The Voice Australia.

ARIA Award-winning Jessica Mauboy wowed the crowd with a rousing rendition of her recently released hit ‘Fallin’’, while the reigning winner of The Voice, Alfie Arcuri, delivered an emotional performance in a world-first look at his new ballad, ‘If They Only Knew’.

The iTunes Charts also lit up, as fans raced to hear the hottest tracks from the show, with members of the top four all making the Top 100 with their new performances, including Judah hitting #3 with his incredible performance of Leonard Cohen’s ‘Hallelujah’ – the best results since season 2 of The Voice.

The Grand Finale is set to be the biggest show in The Voice Australia history, as our final four are joined by their Coaches for a series of unforgettable duets, as well as the biggest superstar line-up to dat. Katy Perry, Niall Horan and Noah Cyrus all take the stage with live performances in a night of must-see TV.

The remaining teams and Top Four are:

Team Delta
Judah Kelly

Team Seal
Lucy Sugerman

Team George
Hoseah Partsch

Team Kelly
Fasika Ayallew

Streaming or purchasing the artists tracks on Apple Music or iTunes contributes votes towards your favourite artist for the next live show, as does voting via The Voice app.For more details on voting, please visit www.thevoice.com.au/vote

The grand final went overtime again, finishing at 9.35pm after the winner was declared.

###The Voice Winner

Judah Kelly, a 20-year-old musician from Queensland, is the winner of The Voice 2017.

Australia voted for Judah as the winner of The Voice 2017, outlasting runner-up Hoseah Partsch, and fellow Top Four finalists Fasika Ayallew and Lucy Sugerman, and giving Delta Goodrem her second straight win as a Coach on The Voice Australia.

Delta Goodrem said, “I’m enormously proud of ‘King’ Judah, this is just the start for him.”

The huge result for Judah capped off the biggest night in The Voice Australia history, with stellar performances by international superstars Katy Perry (‘Swish Swish’), Niall Horan (‘Slow Hands’), and Noah Cyrus (‘I’m Stuck’).
Judah delivered a medley of incredible performances throughout the night, opening the show with Katy Perry and the rest of the Top Four to sing her hit single, ‘Chained To The Rhythm’, along with an incredible duet of ‘I Was Here’ by Beyoncé alongside Coach Delta Goodrem, and an unforgettable rendition of ‘Climb Every Mountain’ by Rodgers & Hammerstein.

This was capped off with the World-First debut of the winner’s single, ‘Count On Me’, available to stream and download right now on iTunes and stream on Apple Music.

Channel 9’s Head of Content, Production and Development, Adrian Swift, said: “We are so proud to have found a voice as truly brilliant as Judah - he epitomises what this show is about - finding the best voice in Australia. And Team Delta takes the crown for a second year. Congratulations and our sincere gratitude to all for a brilliant series.”

George Ash, President, Universal Music Australia, added, “We are so pleased to welcome Judah to the Universal Music family and are thrilled once again to be have been part of such a highly talented and competitive season. We congratulate all the artists and fabulous coaches and look forward to working with Judah on his new single ‘Count On Me’ and upcoming album. I also want to thank our EMI artists Katy Perry and Niall Horan for being part of the finale festivities."

As the winner of The Voice 2017, Judah Kelly wins $100,000 in cash, as well as a recording contract with Universal Music Australia.

1 Like

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/the-voice-australia-katy-perry-pictured-at-airport-during-live-performance/news-story/fa2a6fa19670830a109d09cde61dfaf9

THE Voice Australia promised fans that Katy Perry would perform live during last night’s grand finale, which was clinched by ‘King’ Judah Kelly.

But according to Mail Online, the pop superstar was actually getting ready to board a flight at Sydney Airport as her “live” performance was broadcast on TV.

Mail Online claims it has obtained photos of the 32-year-old walking through the airport terminal as her performances were being shown on Channel 9. The network did not provide comment to the website.

Another failure this season for The Voice. Fasika would have been the only option to have somewhat of a career.

It was true that Katy Perry’s performances were pre-recorded yesterday afternoon. Fans were asked to arrive by 3.30pm according to the tweets I saw.