The Voice

Just get Aussie coaches and that will keep the costs down. Masterchef was able to rejuvenate itself with new faces so Seven have the potential with The Voice.

I’m all for Aussie coaches who are mainstream and popular as it also helps the local arts industry. International coaches usually don’t add too much and is a financial liability anyway. When they got Joe Jonas in 2018 The Voice pretty much suffered that year against its competition.

For my dream coach lineup it would be: Ricki-Lee, Dami Im, Nat Bass and Guy Sebastian (who is probably the only coach I’d keep from the Nine version because he’s quite likeable and quite a good coach in general). A much more down to earth line-up in comparison to the cringefest on Nine.

1 Like

Does anyone know whether Fox Studios will be available for TV shows next year? I know Thor postponed production so they might be occupying Fox Studios again in 2021.

Nine bought a warehouse and built a studio in Moorebank solely for The Voice this year - I wonder if they’d be willing to sell/rent it out to Seven or if they’ll be spiteful/plan to use it themselves.
That would be a big cost if Seven have to find a studio - though I did hear that they still plan to film in Sydney so perhaps they’ve already found a location.

I believe it was ITV Studios who bought and built the studio, not Nine. So it would still be available.

I think the trouble with thinking Masterchef’s revamp can be replicated on other shows is that part of its success was due to the All-Stars component. Having their most famous contestants appear back on the show made viewers tune in, and then obviously most viewers decided to watch the entire season because we enjoyed the judging panel (Melissa mostly, the other 2 were okay).

Simple, Seven could bring back the favourite contestants/all-stars from The Voice on Nine for next year…oh wait.

4 Likes

international travel restrictions could be with us for quite some time, so it may not be logistically possible anyway

3 Likes

Hahaha yep exactly! Though in saying that, the All-Stars format over the past 2 years has been quite successful for Nine- it felt quite organic in 2019 but this year was terrible (The Voice Armenia winner, America’s Got Talent semi-finalist, coach’s brother winning the show) so I don’t necessarily think Seven will continue with All-Stars

Nicole Kidman’s TV series is currently filming in Byron Bay and there’s a few in the cast who aren’t Aus citizens (Melissa McCarthy and Luke Evans to name a few), but I get what you mean.

To be honest, I also think international artists would be reluctant to come to Aus to film the show (especially if it’s on a low salary).

Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

Yes, Rob Brough must be there!

1 Like

Guy and Delta should remain, it’d be great to see a local legend like Jimmy or Johnny (ala Tom Jones on the UK version) plus one international star like Boy George or Kelly.

4 Likes

Yeah imagine if they got John Farnham, the promos alone.

3 Likes

TV Tonight story mentions Seven already plans to use local judges as a cost saving.

2 Likes

when BB moved to 7 the pre-recorded indoor survivor format was a big stretch for the fans, i wonder how far the owners will let them change The Voice format? Could they revert to a Idol/X type top 12 elimination format? all pre recorded with eliminations at the end of the episode?

could be:
6x Blind audition eps
2x Bootcamp/knockout eps where the judges quickly whittle their team down to 3 each.
2x 6 of the final 12 perform, one is eliminated by the judges at the end of the ep
7x top 10 is eliminated one at a time, elimination at the end of the episode
1x grand final with top 3.
= 18 episodes

that would solve the issue of viewers seeing more of the finalists, being able to bond with them and maybe buying their record and seeing the show produce a star.

1 Like

They could incorporate successful elements of The X Factor into The Voice and it might breathe new life into the show.

5 Likes

If Guy Sebastian is a judge on the next season, could the winner be one of these guys?

1 Like

Geez, no wonder why the show was so costly for Nine. Seven can make substantial savings off the bat by having an entirely Australian judging panel.

4 Likes

My apologises, my apologises.

I don’t believe it would be 11 million.

2 Likes