The Voice

Didn’t Jack have a guest stint on Neighbours last year?
EDIT: Oops, I confused him with Jai Waetford.

Guy was a judge on X Factor… I don’t think he was ever on AGT? Plus if he didn’t have support in the past then it makes more sense for him to go with an Aussie as Guy and Delta are more likely to be a support base post the show over the Americans who will jet off as soon as filming is finished and they’ve been paid.

To me it looks like a lot more than fillers… but he wears a lot of make up so that could easily be what makes his face look a lot different. He is a bit of a “scene queen” on the gay scene in Melbourne, I often see photos of him at various nightclubs and events pop up on my newsfeed.

No?

Hopefully Jack stays away from the negativity on social media about his appearance, he has an incredible voice and l hope he can cope with ‘fame’ this time around.

I didn’t like him at all the first time around. Great voice, yes, but he looked ridiculous with all the jewellery at such a young age. I also remember him being interviewed whilst walking through an airport with his mum. From memory he had a small over the shoulder bag, and his mum was a few steps behind pushing all their other luggage on a trolley. Give your mum a hand boy!

I really hope he has a good support network around him now. He seems very vulnerable and he’s obviously got talent but the industry is known to chew up people and spit them out when they’ve finished with them. I’d hate to see this happen to him again.

Brilliant prank by British singer Jess Glynne.

Guy Sebastian and wife Jules feature on this week’s episode of 60 Minutes.

1 Like

Guy Sebastian received a Queen’s birthday list honour for “For significant service to the music recording industry, and to charitable initiatives.”

1 Like

This season definitely has a really good feel about it. I have never been a huge fan of The Voice but I find myself being lured into it this season more and more. I think the judging panel is great this season. Guy on there gives it the perfect balance of relevant successful Aussie pop stars and international stars. The talent this year is also great, however I am a bit over most of the All Stars and former other talent show contestants getting most of the limelight. If your career didn’t take off the first time then it’s not going to take off from The Voice.

Biggest wtf moment for me was why on earth Kelly put through that guy that forgot the words. That whole knockout round was set up for him to win.

2 Likes

Nine has confirmed the first final will indeed air on June 24, and Adam Lambert will be special guest.

2 Likes

I honestly did not think much of Loma.

Delta is great. I didn’t follow the earlier seasons too closely but I never understood why people hated her so much. I guess now we’ve had other females on the panel she doesn’t seem as big of a diva as some of them. I do really like Kelly though and she is much more toned down on this than some other shows that she’s been on.

I just caught up with the knockouts (which I recorded during the week) so here are my quick thoughts.
How could Luke and Tannah be paired up again? They performed their blind auditions separately (the couple’s original intention) and were allocated to different groups. At the knockout Luke got through to the next round but Tannah lost to her rivals, so that should have been the end of her journey. If Kelly wanted Tannah to compete with her husband, then Kelly should have used one of her two saves to achieve that.
Later, then Guy and Delta pressed their save button on Chriddy, and Chriddy chose to stay with Guy, that meant Jesse was eliminated, and Delta could not use her save until the next knockout.
Both scenarios were against the rules and I think the EP should have intervened on both.
And how Henry forgot his words and still got through to the battles? I think Kelly should have chosen Joey Dee instead.

just wait till Sunday…

My opinion is that for the show to evolve they are probably at the point to where they should start allowing contestants to sing some of their own original songs, especially given there are many semi-established artists on the show. X Factor UK started doing this and the 2017 season ended up with a final 2 where both artists had some really great original material.

HOWEVER obviously The Voice does not allow this and if other artists have not had the opportunity to do this then neither should the rapper dude on Kelley’s team. He knew exactly what show he was coming on and the producers are obviously allowing this now to make it controversial. I am starting to feel like this season is set up for him to win, much like that horrid beat box dude last season.

2 Likes

This year is a joke.

Both Delta and Guy have good friends on their teams at the expense of someone else and some of the better singers and performers have gone home because of who the judges paired them with.

Even with the wild cards. Doesn’t the audience get a say at all? We just have to start voting once the judges have manipulated the teams to their liking.

I also just saw an ad for the finals all with pre-recorded footage. Aren’t they usually live? does the audience vote at all this year?

In the past seven seasons, the finals were shown live in eastern states. As Nine said in its press release in May, there have been a change to the finals this year, with the first two pre-recorded (they were filmed last Friday and Saturday evening) with the judges deciding which contestant would be eliminated. The audience will only get to vote during the telecast of the third final on Monday, July 1, as well as the semi final on July 2 and the grand final on July 7.

So dumb! So whoever is left over people can vote for? lol No one will care unless their fav has managed to survive the culling

It’s probably got more to do with coaches availability. Its turned into MAFS for singers.

Yeah, I feel it’s also unfair to the contestants who have qualified for the finals but cannot call for public support.

1 Like