The Voice

Nine should have added that there are no artists from the ACT, NT and JBT.

Isn’t it obvious since they are not listed?

Might be hard to find many artists from there with a population less than 400. Most Australians don’t even know it exists.

1 Like

I know about it but it doesn’t even come to mind seeing that acronym.

I don’t like this state vs state stuff … which was my point in referencing the three mainland territories. I don’t care which state has the most or least representatives.

New article with Delta Goodrem in Sunday Life magazine (which comes with The Sun-Herald and The Sunday Age) today, confirming season 8 will premiere on Sunday, May 19 at 7pm.

SEASON 8 OVERVIEW

We start season eight of The Voice at the BLIND AUDITIONS , where there are 103 artists (101 Solo Artists and 2 Groups). Over the following 10 episodes, we end with 48 artists, each Coach having a team of 12 artists i.e. #teamdelta #teamgeorge #teamguy #teamkelly.

New to this season is the entry of ALL STARS . ALL STARS were fan favroutie artists from the previous 7 seasons, each fighting back to win in season 8. Each ALL STAR is required to audition at BLINDS just like any other artist.

The next phase is called KNOCKOUTS which plays out over 3 episodes. Each coach will put their 12 artists into 4 groups of 3. Each group is given a theme and each artist sings a solo song within that theme. 1 artist from each group wins and immediately progresses and the others do not. However, each coach is granted 2 SAVES to add to their team from the unsuccessful artists across any team. If two coaches try to save the same artist, they must pitch again. At the end of this round of the competition, each coach will have 6 artists.

BATTLES is the next stage of the competition, seen over two episodes. 2 artists perform in pairs, 1 artist wins each BATTLE (decided by their Coach). Each Coach has 1 WILDCARD to take through from the unsuccessful artists on their team. Ultimately, 4 artists per team moves into the FINAL shows, featuring a FINAL 16 .

FINALS over three preliminary final shows, the top 16 artists battle it out for a place in the semi-final where nine artists perform against each other. Five artists are eliminated and the top four are announced for the Grand Final.

SHOW FLOW

AT THE BEGINNING OF BLIND AUDITIONS THERE ARE 103 ARTISTS

AT THE END OF BLIND AUDITIONS; 48 ARTISTS REMAINING (12 PER COACH)

AT THE END OF KNOCKOUTS; 24 ARTISTS REMAINING (6 PER COACH)

AT THE END OF BATTLES; 16 ARTISTS REMAINING (4 PER COACH)

FINAL 16 - 16 ARTISTS

EPISODE STRUCTURE OF THE VOICE

• BLIND AUDITIONS (10 EPISODES)
• KNOCKOUTS (3 EPISODES)
• BATTLES (2 EPISODES)
• FINALS (5 EPISODES) (Finals x3 episodes with the 3rd show having a LIVE elimination, LIVE Semi Final x 1episode, LIVE Grand Finale x 1 episode)

Season 8 Premiere

Starts SUNDAY 19 MAY AT 7.00PM

Australia’s favourite entertainment sensation, The Voice , returns to Nine on Sunday, May 19, at 7.00pm, unearthing incredible talent and bringing world-first additions to the stage in the most explosive season yet.

In its eighth and greatest season, The Voice will premiere over three nights on Sunday, May 19, Monday, May 20 and Tuesday, May 21.

Reigning queen Kelly Rowland , supreme champion Delta Goodrem , warrior icon Boy George and the new force on the coaching panel, Guy Sebastian , are our four superstar coaches, with Sonia Kruger returning as host.

“I’m really pumped to be a coach on the new season of The Voice ,” Sebastian said. “Being a musician over the last 15 years has been an extremely fulfilling time. I love that I can share my experience with new aspiring artists so we can inject some fresh talent into the music industry.”

This season of The Voice will present artists with voices that will give you goosebumps, in the most intense blind auditions ever. In a Voice world first, the blind auditions welcome the All Stars, championed fan favourites who missed out on a chance to win in previous seasons who return in season eight for redemption.

Given the large number of contestants for the start of the finals, is it possible that the first two finals (scheduled for the week of June 23/30) will be filmed in advance, say Friday/Saturday to be broadcast on Monday, to reduce the chances of going way overtime? Filming in advance will also allow the judges to attend the Logie Awards on the Gold Coast on June 30.

Recycling these failed pop stars is embarrassing.

6 Likes

The Voice Kids Russia will not announce a winning contestant after the show’s broadcaster, Channel One TV, found evidence of fraud that led to a landslide win for a pop star’s daughter.

• The contestant with the highest proportion of votes nabbed 56.5 per cent
  • The runner-up trailed far behind with just 27.9 per cent of the vote
  • A probe was launched after the results sparked an outcry on social media
1 Like

Tickets for the finals are now on sale from That’s the Ticket. Already the second show and the grand final are sold out.
Here are the dates and times for the five finals. (all times AEST)
Finals 1: Friday June 14 (5.15pm start, 9.45pm approx finish)
Finals 2: Saturday June 15 (as above)
Finals 3a: Tuesday June 25 (6pm start, 9.45pm approx finish)
Finals 3b: Monday July 1 (7pm start, 9.45pm approx finish)
Semi Final: Tuesday July 2 (5.30pm start, 9.45pm approx finish)
Grand Final: Sunday July 7 (as above)

That confirms the live shows will be shown on July 1 (due to the Logie Awards the night before), July 2 and July 7. The July 1 show will replay the performances taped on the Tuesday with a live voting elimination.
I am tipping the first two finals will be shown June 24 and 25, following State of Origin game 2 on June 23. Nine will create a big promo combining The Voice finals, SOO and Logies.
This is the first time a final is taped on a Tuesday. Weird timing as it is on a working day, and during HSC and university exams in NSW, meaning many young people will not be able to attend.
This season is the shortest in the show’s Australian history at just eight weeks.

Former Zimbabwean cricketer Henry Olonga features on The Voice tonight.

1 Like

What did you think Jack Vidgen was implying tonight when he said he saw a lot more than 14 year old should in the states? Funny he went with Guy again after AGT left him with no support which Guy used to be judge on.

He said he had lip fillers put in but no other surgery.