The Voice

On Monday night, Team George & Team Kelly will step up to the plate - and their Coaches must cull one Artist each. Guy & Delta won’t be able to breathe easy though - come Tuesday evening, they’ll be faced with the same dilemma.

Once our Top 12 are locked and loaded at the end of Tuesday’s Final, live voting will come into play - and it will be YOU who controls the fate of our Artists.

All voting will take place right here on the official Voice website - and don’t worry, we’ll show you exactly where to click when voting kicks off on Tuesday night.

Nine also announced that Jessica Mauboy would perform her latest single Little Things on the finals next week (I assume Tuesday’s episode, as Adam Lambert and Karise Eden will perform on Monday’s show).

Just caught up with this week’s battles. There were some great performances, especially Daniel Shaw and The Koi Boys’s rendition of Let It Be, and Carlos and Akina singing Dirty Diana. But there were also strange pairings. Diana v Prinnie (two All-Stars)? Denzel v Henry Olonga? Lee Harding v Madi K? It cost Henry his chance to reach the finals.

2.5 hour episode tonight!? Man oh man

And it’s pre recorded! No onder the audience wanted to leave for that much filming

1 Like

That’s what happens when you have ten performances, eight by the contestants and two guests (Adam Lambert and Karise Eden), plus three minute long ad breaks between performances. I feel tomorrow will also be the same.

Here are the 16 contestants who reached the finals.
Performing tonight (recorded on June 14)
Team George: Diana Rouvas (All-Star), Carlos C Major (All-Star), Lee Harding, Madi Krstevski (wildcard)
Team Kelly: Rebecca Selley, Denzel, Lara Dabbagh, Zeek Power (wildcard)

Performing tomorrow (recorded on June 15)
Team Delta: Jordan Anthony, Natasha Stuart, Daniel Shaw, Sheldon Riley (All-Star and wildcard)
Team Guy: Mitch Paulsen, Jack Vidgen, Chynna Taylor, Elsa Clement (wildcard)

1 Like

I was squirming in my seat last night … it was tooooooooooo long, and does Kelly ever shut up or does she like the sound of her own voice too much.
2.5 hours … really ?
8 acts and 2 guests at 3.00 minutes each = 30 minutes of singing, and 120 minutes of waffle, rehash and tripe.
I missed half the acts because I kept channel surfing to alleviate the mind-numbing boredom.
Memo channel nine … how about latching onto the latest in audience preserving inventions … the edit suite !!!

1 Like

Sonia revealed during last night’s show that Australian country music singer-songwriter Morgan Evans would perform on next Monday’s semi final, while Little Mix and Guy Sebastian will perform on next Tuesday’s semi final. 5 Seconds of Summer is special guest for the July 7 grand final during which Delta will also perform.

They have completely ruined the show this year. It started off well but I can’t believe that it will actually be finished in just over a week. No wonder nobody on The Voice has any chance of success, the audition episodes go for longer than the live show! It’s all about keeping as many contestants on the show for as long as possible. Two nights in a row of almost 2.5 hours is just a complete drainer and has been reflected in the ratings.

What also annoys me is all the teams bring in wildcard contestants to make it 16 but why do that when there are so few live shows? They should have started with 12 from Monday and at least then the episodes wouldn’t be so long or they could keep some of those contestants around an extra round rather than putting 16 for the sake of it.

So I just spent 4.5 hours tonight (including dinner break) catching up on this week’s finals. And that’s after I fast forwarded the ads on my recordings. That showed how long the two finals went for. I expect next week’s shows will also be very long - maybe 2.5 hours each.
Having the first two finals pre-recorded had its advantage, allowing more time to set up and dismantle the elaborate set. I reckon it took 30 minutes each to construct the perspex “pedestrian overpass” set for Sheldon’s performance and the ruins set for Jack’s performance.

Does anyone know what date tonight’s show (Monday) was recorded, and how the voting worked? Voting closed in the last ad break, and the contestants were then sent home, but the whole thing was prerecorded, so how did they know?

Tonight’s show was live.

Only the elimination was live, as shown on the ticket info when I posted it last month:

Tonight (Tuesday) five contestants will be eliminated, which means an entire team can be wiped out if the three contestants in the team don’t get enough online votes.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure how the public would react to the rapper. I thought that he was either destined to go first (because that style of music just doesn’t appeal to The Voice audience) or if not thought he would be there till the very end (cos like last season he was promoted as that first time ever on The Voice contestant). Obviously the public just didn’t care for the rapping and he wasn’t that great either to be honest. After he was eliminated I was half expecting Lee to then go as I thought his style of song choice might also not appeal to The Voice audience. Otherwise there were no surprises with the boots but I did feel sad for that girl Lara on Kelly’s team, she was absolutely adorable.

I go on and off Kelly but I am the same for all of the judges on the Voice. I liked most of them during the auditions but in these later stages they all do my head in equally. There is just too much overpromising, overpraising and overreacting to all of these performances. Nobody form this show is going to do great from it, stop giving false hope.

1 Like

Thank you for your wealth of knowledge, as always. Dedicated audience to show up for almost 3 hours to tape a single 15 minute segment and no performances though.

1 Like

Just as I predicted, an entire team was eliminated at last night’s semi final. It was Team Guy.

I’m wondering if some of the guest performances from the last couple of nights (such as Morgan Evans, Little Mix, and Guy Sebastian) were filmed during that recording as well? No way would they bring in an audience in for 3 hours to just film 15 mins of results.

I would say based on performance Diana should win but there is something about her that put’s me off. She reminds me too much of Tina Arena and it does me head in the way she keeps going on about trying to get into the industry and constantly being knocked back. The same thing is only going to happen once this show is over.

I am glad that Jack and Sheldon are gone though as it was starting to feel like they were set up to be finalists. They can both sing but they both comes across as fake and plastic individuals which makes it hard for people to warm too.

Also regarding Kelly saying vote for the girls I don’t see what’s wrong with that as typically girls vote which is why we always end up with more male finalists. She just wanted a deserving girl to be there.

1 Like

The show is already calling for auditions for next year.

If the renewal is confirmed, it will make The Voice the longest singing competition on Australian TV with nine seasons, one ahead of The X Factor and two ahead of Australian Idol.

That’s possible. Alternatively, they might have played the pre-recorded performances on the big screen for those who did not attend the previous session, before live broadcast of results began.

Regardless of that at least Seven and Ten made the move to cut Idol and X Factor once they started to decline rather than have them drag on. At the end of the day if the show is losing it’s momentum as a platform to launch artists then it should end. I can’t name a single Voice contestant that has really cut through to this day. I feel like last season The Voice was at a similar stage in declining audiences to when Idol and X Factor were cut and this seasons live show numbers aren’t great either. Also I feel like viewers were much more invested in the other talent shows when they were at their peaks. At least those shows brought us memorable artists and ones who went on to have some hits and do some big things.

Ratings are on par with last year, so no surprise it gets another year. After all, Masterchef has had a much larger decline & was still renewed for next year.

THE VOICE GRAND FINALE

FOUR POWERHOUSE SINGERS BATTLE IT OUT

SUNDAY, JULY 7, AT 7.00PM LIVE ON NINE

After a blockbuster season the Grand Finale is here on Sunday night when the last four artists, as decided by the public, battle it out to claim the title of The Voice of Australia for 2019.

After an intense week of finals the Top 12 were reduced to a Top 4, with the following artists going through to the Grand Finale: Zeek Power from Team Kelly, Diana Rouvas from Team George, and Jordan Anthony and Daniel Shaw from Team Delta.

Each superstar Coach will share a special moment with their artists on stage on Sunday night in a duet, while each artist will also sing a song solo in the biggest performance of their lives.

The singer who is crowned the winner of The Voice 2019 by public vote will then perform the winner’s single and receive the grand prize of a recording contract with EMI Recorded Music Australia plus $100,000 in prizemoney.

Following their massive success around the world, being the first Australian band to ever have three number one albums in the USA, 5 Seconds of Summer will return to The Voice stage. The homegrown heroes, Luke, Michael, Calum and Ashton, are back on home turf with an exclusive performance of their new hit single, Easier .

The power to crown the winner is in Australia’s hands as voting for your favourite artist is open right now and conducted via the official Voice website at www.thevoice.com.au/vote

Im surprised Daniel is still there. I feel like he has had a lot of confidence since his audition and has something going on behind the scenes. Dont be surprised if he wins.