The Voice

I find it a little dirty that Nine have been trying to promote the British version as our own. There is no mention of it being the British version other than the logo at the end of the promo, and that only flashes for 1-2 seconds with the VO only saying “The Voice Kids”. Clever advertising, but dirty…

4 Likes

I saw TOFOG live in a pub back in late 1990s. The worst band I have ever seen. Extraordinarily loud, and extraordinarily bad.

Interestingly the audition invites that got sent out include the Nine Network logo rather than the numerical Channel 9 version.

My friend sent me this:
IMG_2142

5 Likes

Relaunch?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s the logo of Nine Entertainment Co.

I know. I was kidding :zipper_mouth_face:

Seal has told News Corp he will not returning to the show as a judge next year (confirming what was said on Nine’s upfronts in October), however he will still tour Australia in support of his new album, Standards.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/seal-credits-the-voice-for-saving-him-admitting-boy-george-didnt-add-to-his-experience/news-story/757c3a9d8010a91ddbaf14dfe3523af1

JOE JONAS REVEALED AS THE NEW SUPERSTAR COACH ON THE VOICE

Grammy-nominated multi-platinum recording artist Joe Jonas will be filling the fourth and final red chair on the next season of The Voice Australia in early 2018.

Starting out as a member of the Grammy Award-nominated band The Jonas Brothers, Joe and his brothers Nick and Kevin took the world by storm with hits such as S.O.S. and Burnin’ Up as they went on to sell in excess of 17 million albums globally.

Joe is now the frontman of the multi-platinum-selling band DNCE, who found instant success with their self-titled debut album, having won the MTV Video Music Award for Best New Artist and Best PUSH Artist at the MTV European Music Awards in 2016.

Their breakout smash hit Cake By The Ocean has already amassed nearly 300 million views on YouTube and generated over one billion streams worldwide.

Having also collaborated with international stars such as Nicki Minaj, Rod Stewart and Demi Lovato, Joe has gained a wealth of experience throughout his musical career.

After starring on The Voice earlier this year in the US after Coach Adam Levine selected him as mentor for his team, Joe Jonas is now ready to come Down Under and fill one of the famous turning chairs himself.

“I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of a massive show like The Voice, especially getting to do it all in Australia where the fans are amazing,” Jonas said. “I had a taste of the show in the US this year, so now I have the knowledge to take #TeamJoe all the way in 2018.”

Joe Jonas joins returning coaches Delta Goodrem, Boy George and Kelly Rowland to round out the lineup of Coaches on Season 7 of The Voice Australia.

2 Likes

Great judging lineup!

1 Like

I’ll ask him and get back to you

1 Like

Dare I say, he still is filming Russell Crowe Fightin’ Around The World.

1 Like

Dates for this year’s blind auditions have been revealed. The auditions will be filmed on February 2-5 (Friday to Monday) at Fox Studios. Registrations for tickets open tomorrow (Thursday).

EDIT: as of January 31, tickets to the Friday and Monday day sessions are still available. The other five sessions are full.

Registrations are now open for tickets to the knockouts. They will be filmed on Thursday March 1 and Friday March 2. Both are evening sessions starting at 5pm Sydney time. Interestingly, the audience has been asked to wear dark clothing to both nights.

1 Like

Registrations are now open for tickets to the battles. They are both day sessions and will be filmed on Thursday March 22 and Friday March 23. Again, the audience has been asked to wear dark clothing to both sessions.

Season 7 confirmed to start on April 16, right up against My Kitchen Rules and probably Bachelor in Paradise.

I think this season might be a low one for the voice.

3 Likes

I found the initial teasers of The Voice for this year interesting with the futuristic battleground/warrior themes with the individual ads, but what a joke the new longer form ad is, full of Nine hyperbole and trying the mimic the ‘epicness’ of Ninja Warrior.

I too feel that there won’t be any true stand out ratings for it this year. If the most interesting thing about the show two weeks out are a guy using a loop machine there is very little buzz.

So Nine change their mind now and decide to launch The Voice on Sunday 15 April instead of Monday 16 April, as originally planned.

This will be a big loss to 9 and 9 are stupid for doing it