In theory Masterchef could be good counterprogramming to The Block, though I don’t get the continuing appeal of the latter.
10 play has today dropped all 12 episodes of Traitors NZ season 2, this premiered back in July last year.
Peacock’s addictive, backstabby reality series The Traitors is often compared with Mafia, the party game played at sleepovers, summer camps, and game nights since the early ’90s. Both games involve psychological strategy with players sniffing out liars and eliminating them before they kill. Many, many media outlets have noted Mafia’s influence on The Traitors since its launch in the Netherlands in 2021 and subsequent spread to 22 countries and counting. It even gets a nod on NBC’s website and The Traitors’ own Wikipedia page.
Lawsuit incoming?
It’s new idea but let’s see if anything comes of this
Noni Hazzlehurst is still the one I would go for as host.
Yas!!! Love it. This needed a total reboot and I hope this is a winner for them. I love the traitors, especially the overseas versions
That New Idea article is just a rambling mess. Honestly who comes up with this BS
Certainly not a journalist. ![]()
Perhaps the new idea article is not accurate then? Has it been reported anywhere else that traitors is coming back?
I really hope there is some truth to this, it seems like a strange thing for them to report on if there was nothing behind it. I’d say there is probably some talks at 10 looking to bring it back but any of the details/names in that article I would take with a grain of salt.
But that’s New Idea all over.
The New Zealand edition has also been commissioned for a 3rd season after a year hiatus.
I wonder if the speculated new Aussie version has some truth to it - the rumour noted that Aus Traitors is set to also be filmed in NZ (per details of the New Idea article)
Perhaps Ch10 and the NZ production company (I think they are called South Pacific Pictures?) can reach an agreement to basically produce both versions of the show at the same site, one after the other with similar challenges (much like the UK and US Traitors using the Scottish castle, or Taskmaster NZ & AU using the same house in NZ)
Yep I was thinking the exact same thing. It seems too much of a coincidence that the above article came out and now the NZ version has just been revived.
It makes perfect sense for Aus and NZ to film back to back in the same location.
And it will receive funding from NZ On Air for the first time.
Paul Henry will not be returning to The Traitors NZ.
The broadcaster hosted the first two series of the reality show on Three, but is stepping back after being recently appointed to the board of channel rival TVNZ.
He told NZ Herald it “could create a conflict of interest”.
