The Traitors

Who Will Uncover The Traitors?

International Psychological Adventure Series Coming To 10 In 2022.

Trust No One. That’s the theme of 10’s riveting brand new series The Traitors , where deception, lies and betrayal are the name of the game, and who you trust might send you packing.

The enthralling and nail-biting series will see some of Australia’s most cunning contestants move into grand accommodation and work as a team to complete dramatic and challenging missions that will win silver for their prize pot.

But not all is as it seems. Some of the contestants are secretly Traitors and these Traitors will attempt to deceive and manipulate their way to the prize by eradicating ‘loyal’ contestants.

The Traitors is one of the most sought after international formats, and has already been commissioned in multiple territories including; the U.S and the U.K for local series in those markets.

Daniel Monaghan, SVP Content and Programming, Paramount Australia and New Zealand, said: “ The Traitors is a highly sought-after new series internationally, and we are so pleased to have secured the format for the Australian market. Our production partner, Endemol Shine Australia, will create sensational edge of your set television that will have viewers gripped – and eager to see if the Traitors can remain undetected. It’s going to have everyone talking.”

Peter Newman, CEO, Endemol Shine Australia, said: “ The Traitors is a heart pounding social deduction game where not everyone is who they say they are and trusting another player could be a disastrous mistake! Australian families can expect an entertaining mix of suspicion, deception and betrayal that will have them glued to their screens from beginning to end. We are thrilled to be partnering with 10 on this unique and noisy format.”

Sabrina Duguet, EVP APAC, All3Media International, said: “Since its launch in the Netherlands, IDTV’s The Traitors has captured the TV industry’s imagination and we are thrilled that 10 in Australia will be part of this brand’s journey around the world. 10 provides a brilliant home for premium entertainment.”

The Traitors will commence production in the coming months and will air later this year on 10.

The Traitors will be produced for Network 10 by Endemol Shine Australia, based on the format devised by IDTV, PosVideo and RTL and distributed by All3Media International Limited.

1 Like

This doesn’t sound too bad.

1 Like

Sounds like a new version of The Mole. Good to see they’re at least trying new formats unlike Seven who sticks with the same old used formats for everything.

4 Likes

I think seven announced a new format last week as well.

Their second attempt to copy Survivor after the disaster that was The Big Adventure?

Same could be said for this and 10 though - them trying to recreate and copy the mole. Something you just compared it to.

1 Like

Though I think this show could do well considering we haven’t seen The Mole in ages and it’s different enough. That Million Dollar Island format is too similar to Survivor (at least from what I’ve read) and Survivor is still on air and is arguably the better show.

I’m intrigued to see which show this one gets paired with. I’m going to guess Bachelorette?

Have you seen the million dollar island format?

I’ve read about it and there are some variations to the format compared to Survivor. With that being said it’s still very ‘Survivor-esque’ with challenges, strategies involved and surviving on an island sounds pretty similar.

Anyway I think we should probably get this conversation back on The Traitors :sweat_smile:

I too like the sound of traitors but I think every reality show is going to draw some similarities to another. I just think some are a bit harsh on 7 when they do try a new format - they basically can’t win.

Not really - The Traitors sounds like a show which has merely combined Survivor (ie; the show is ultimately about bullshitting) and The Mole (just with more than one person trying to sabotage the other contestants).

Understand where you come from and agree with this sentiment but their track record with new formats in recent years haven’t been flash. Pooch Perfect, Holey Moley, Ultimate Tag etc were all underwhelming, either through their own mistakes in scheduling or execution of the shows.

If Seven got a format like The Traitors or something that’s radically different from what they’ve had over the years it could work really well for them. I think this show could do well for 10 if done right.

1 Like

I agree I really hope this does well for 10 it sounds like a great format and it does sound like something that is missing from reality tv at the moment.

Ideally I would rather them take greater risks and move away from the tired stripped reality but that’s a conversation for another thread.

Looks like a great format on paper. The big question is if it can stand up against its rivals when it airs later this year.

Yawn

I feel like it’s probably the best time to launch it. People might be bored of the block and ready for something new

Casting promo.

Rodger Corser Gets Set For A WhoDunnit Like No Other.

The Traitors. Coming Soon To 10 And 10 Play.

One of Australia’s most popular television personalities, Rodger Corser, comes home to 10 as host of the brand new heart-pounding psychological adventure series, The Traitors .

The enthralling and nail-biting series will see some of Australia’s most cunning contestants move into a grand heritage hotel set amongst a majestic garden estate and work as a team to complete dramatic and challenging missions that will win silver for their prize pot.

But not all is as it seems. Some of the contestants are secretly Traitors and these Traitors will attempt to lie, deceive, and manipulate their way to the prize by eradicating ‘loyal’ contestants.

Excited to be hosting 10’s new social deduction game, Rodger said: “Who doesn’t love a great murder mystery and this one has all the intrigue and glamour of your favourite whodunnit.”

“I can’t wait to see how our eclectic bunch of contestants compete with each other while navigating trust, betrayal and murder. I’m especially looking forward to watching our players pick each other off, one by one in the ultimate game of deception… and just like them, you’ll be dying to see how it ends”.

The Traitors is produced by Endemol Shine Australia for Network 10.

Great choice.

Beverley McGarvey has told TV Tonight that the show is now filming in a mansion in Robertson in NSW Southern Highlands.

Traitors has a Downton Abbey-esque vibe of the set. If you know games like Mafia, or Cluedo if you’re older, there’s a murder mystery but again, the format is unlike other formats. There’s ‘beats’ built into the format that you normally don’t see. And because it’s in a country manor, it looks really different. It has that country house vibe, and the people, the participants are amazing. There’s some super, super interesting people that you normally don’t see on reality shows. They’re the type of people that I imagined do Sudoku and crossword puzzles, they’re super clever.

Effectively there are traitors and in the middle of the night you could be ‘murdered’ or you get up the next morning, come to breakfast and somebody doesn’t turn up for breakfast. So it’s very Agatha Christie.

1 Like