The Simpsons

Has someone woken up @TV_Addict

Btw this is in the article

At a time when Seven is focused on cutting costs, it has bought free-to-air rights for new US shows, including The Simpsons and MASH

Pretty sure The Simpsons and MASH are not “new US shows”

3 Likes

Mash aired on Seven back in the Deal or No Deal days. Good times

4 Likes

Good thing I started speculation today in the ratings thread, the timing is uncanny :wink:

As a long-time fan, all I can say is…

YEWWWWWWWWW :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

Nice pick up Bort

3 Likes

Good pick by Seven. Should compliment well with Family Guy and American Dad on 7mate.

6 Likes

Correct, was actually just thinking about this the other day. Ah… that legendary opening theme

I wonder if they got Futurama and Bobs Burgers? Surely they did. So The Simpsons, Futurama, American Dad, Family Guy and Bobs Burgers! What a line up! (For FTA)

7 Likes

Interestingly, Futurama used to be on Seven when it first premiered in Australia back in December 1999, when they previously had the output deal with 20th Century Fox for any new programs that premiered after it came into effect. So therefore, it would be returning to its original home.

9 Likes

Correct. I nearly forgot that.

Also, should’ve realised this was coming, when media reported about that new medical show being picked-up over the weekend.

I wonder when this is effective of? When will we be seeing these shows?

Huh? Seven did what? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s all well and good, but it’s useless if they don’t air it, day, date and time as it does in the States - just like any imported show. Downloading is still more convenient - sad (for FTA and Foxtel), but true.

2 Likes

As soon as possible I’d imagine.

This is cool and all, but come back when ABC Comedy starts running classic Two and a Half Men marathons

4 Likes

Said no one ever

8 Likes

Yes, it sure is.

Wonder if they’ll air episodes in order from S1 (like Eleven does with Sex and the City) or if they’ll just air random episodes / start from random season?

Hopefully they start from Season 2 and don’t run past the end of Season 11. I will camp outside BCM if Lisa Goes Gaga goes to air.

9 Likes

Seven should start from first episode of the current season before going to past seasons.

5 Likes

Predicting that Channel 7 would swoop in on The Simpsons was hardly psychic. Let’s face it, it was either going to be Seven or Nine. Ten was the outside chance.

13 Likes

I have many favourites, but one that gives me a giggle is the one where Homer and Marge want time away from the kids but tell them a lie, so with Grandpa, Bart and Lisa go across the countryside. Ending in a jumping castle falling onto a river. And a funny final scene where Homer has stolen Ned’s credit card and Bart’s stolen Rod or Todd’s (why do they even have one, go figure) and Ned / Rod or Todd read their bank statement… :joy:

Catch 'Em If You Can (I think taken from the Leonardo DiCaprio/Tom Hanks movie from around the same time)

1 Like

I for one welcome our new Seven Network overlords…

15 Likes

One would think there will be a “new episode” prime timeslot - most likely paired with New Family Guy, as well as stripped nightly repeats across 7mate.

I’d like to see the stripped repeats start from Season 1 and run sequentially until present day. With 630 episodes now in the can it will take almost a year if they run double episodes each day.

3 Likes