The Simpsons

Why not Season 1? Sure the animation is a little shoddy but the writing is still top notch.

2 Likes

I’ll camp too. Will be so excited to see my favourite episode going to air!

4 Likes

Of course, Sunrise’s traffic reports will now be done by Arnie Pye in the sky

13 Likes

The Simpsons technically is (as in new episodes are still being produced). MASH is not unless there is some modern reboot coming that I’ve not heard of.

1 Like

Ah so is Seven News going to share resources with this deal? Good cost saving measure!

6 Likes

Why all the speculation for 7mate?

I would’ve thought (given all the discussion about 7flix’s need for a hit show with TBBT gone) that it would be an obvious choice.

7mate is too full with other high rating regular shows + animations. I’m sure select episodes (such as new) will air on 7mate, plus occasional late night or fillers on main channel.

Depending on ratings, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Seven put a new ep on the main channel on a Thursday or something!

The show belongs on 7mate.

I’d do 6.00 nightly double eps running from Season 1-present sequentially
8.30 Thursday New Episodes (paired with Family Guy New eps at 9.00)

Okay, maybe for 7flix (as mate has sport/movies):

Friday or Saturday night themed marathons (e.g. Halloween eps, Christmas eps, Sideshow Bob eps, Overseas holiday eps, Ned Flanders eps)

1 Like

Assuming the show ends soon (big assumption) I would expect the series finale to be on the main channel.

1 Like

I will be angry if Seven remove the end credits on all eps, as Seven do with every program / movie.

Always love the theme at the end of each ep, plus seeing who the guests were and the stylised names during Treehouse of Horror eps.

I also try to see the production code (#DAB…) so I can read up on the episode, etc.

I’ll bet you anything they will :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Seven picked this up for the value they’ll get from airing the repeats. They don’t care about the fans who want to see the new episodes fast tracked. Those people already know how and where to access those.

Used to watch Family Guy regularly but couldn’t tell you if or when Seven has aired fresh episodes in the last few years. Most of us gave up playing that game yonks ago. I don’t expect the Seven programmers will treat The Simpsons any better. I daresay Seven will air the latest season at random times and on random days. They couldn’t give a rats about the fans.

5 Likes

This is Arnie’s time to shine!

9 Likes

They can utilise this file footage for their various news services:

3 Likes

Do you ever leave the house? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They axed Murder Uncovered for this? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Start with a 600 episode marathon!

Fantastic news. Simpsons finally on a real network.

1 Like

As opposed to an imaginary one? :joy::joy::joy:

My “network” would be nothing but…

2 Likes

Now that The Simpsons are on Seven, let’s check on what’s coming to Ten this year…

Ten in 2018

15 Likes

Hate to break it to you but The Simpson have been part of Ten’s program line up for years.

1 Like

The cheap-ass way to fill those gaps…

HOWTENSHOULDBEPROGRAMMED

10 Likes

What are you people on? The Simpsons was shown on Eleven rather than Ten. Seven’s purchase of a couple of Fox programs for their multichannels has zero effect on Ten’s main channel programming.

4 Likes