The Simpsons

Read the posts.

9go! Anyone?

Yep. A dark day for Ten losing one of the most iconic programs on television. CBS couldn’t come soon enough and Ten didn’t give a crap. Simpsons can prosper on a far better network (I predict Nine).

2 Likes

They’d fit nicely on ABC Comedy.

I’m expecting to see The Simpsons on Nine or Seven by December. It’s that big I’m confident a deal will be done ASAP.

5 Likes

It won’t be on 6pm weeknights on any main channels if it goes to seven and nine.

2 Likes

If Seven picks up the rights, it would be a great idea to run episodes 7pm weeknights on the main channel over the Christmas/Summer non-ratings period once Home and Away ends. Then move the nightly episodes to 7mate once the Tennis starts and continue there for the 2018 ratings season.

2 Likes

Wtf is this ABC Comedy I keep hearing about

1 Like

Rebrand of ABC2.
ABC Kids 6am - 7.30pm
ABC Comedy 7.30pm - overnight

1 Like

Wake up, Australia. Don’t you follow the ABC2 thread?

Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame…

1 Like

Personally, I somehow doubt that ABC Comedy or SBS VICELAND will pick up the rights to The Simpsons. You can just imagine the potential “ABC/SBS Wastes Taxpayers Money on US Animated Series” headlines from the tabloids right now.

The Simpsons would probably fit in well on a multichannel like 7mate or 9Go! - of course the show will never air at 6pm on the main channels of Seven/Nine for reasons that need absolutely no explaining.

4 Likes

Seven will surely pick-it up, given they’ve got 20th Century Fox deals already going for animation and movies + have the right target multi-channels for the show.

And rumours have been suggesting Seven, not any other network.

If Nine got it, that leaves them with 9Go! only and they’ve got so much prime-time programming to squeeze already, let alone their nightly movie and local content announced for 2018 (unless they used 9Gem or 9Life… But that won’t happen).

Fox’s own “Kevin McCallister” would also like to express his dismay at no longer appearing on Ten…
2017-10-30-22-27-30-

1 Like

Solid edit

4 Likes

Yeah, when Darren David’s article mentioned “library”, I presumed Fox’s films?

So the entire long-term contract completely ripped up? Wow.

New networks for:
•Taken
•Die Hard
•Home Alone
•Speed

And all the other frequently aired Fox classics over the past 20 years.

Nothing to do with movies.

1 Like

This is the Simpsons thread…

4 Likes

A search on Google for The Simpsons series 29 has a copyright removal notice at the bottom of the page. Fox has had multiple search results removed. Fox should concentrate on fast tracking the latest series to Australia for people who want to watch it.

The fact that it’s not already scheduled for Fox8 would suggest Fox are shopping it around to other networks for first run rights (Seven and Nine being the two likely buyers).

2 Likes

Are first-run rights for The Simpsons that valuable though? I mean, the series has clearly declined in quality, which is reflected in the ratings.

From what I can gather, airings of new Simpsons on Eleven were getting in the realm of 135,000-175,000 viewers.

1 Like

Nothing gets past you Bort

4 Likes