The Simpsons

I think this tweet posted after the final broadcast was their crappy way of an announcement.

https://twitter.com/eleven_tv/status/904544799751098369

2 Likes

They have since tweeted another Simpsons GIF, so feel free to read into that whatever tenuous symbolism you want.

1 Like

Did we ever find out why The Simpsons was pulled or is it back in the schedule? Is this due to that 20th Century Fox thing in court where they are owed money by Ten?

4 Likes

Season 29 premieres this Sunday night (Oct 1) in the US.

Still no sign of the show anywhere (new or repeats) on the Ten or Eleven schedules. Could we see the new season air on Fox8 in Australia before FTA?

Someone was probably fired for that tweet. Nothing since :slight_smile:

Unless another network comes in. How perfect would Simpsons be for 9go?

1 Like

If The Simpsons end up on another FTA network, it would most likely be Seven. They still have a content deal with Fox, I believe.
But I definitely wouldn’t mind if it did end up on 9Go.

What content deal?

The Fox deal has been shared between Ten and Foxtel for quite a while.

Seven had a deal with fox in the late 90s early 00s

IMO, if Nine got the rights, I think it could work well in the 5-5:30 slot (therefore moving Hot Seat back to just 30mins)

I’d watch Nine News at 5:00pm and I’d watch Hot Seat to waste some time, but I would never watch Nine at 5:00pm if The Simpsons were on.

BTW, Hot Seat always started at about 5:21 when it was scheduled for 5:30.

1 Like

New rule: stop posting jokes across multiple threads.

17 Likes

So, it’s come to this. After 27 years on the network, The Simpsons is officially no longer a Ten/Eleven show.

The question now is - When and where will Australians be able to (legally) watch Season 29?

The main contenders:

• Fox8 (First run rights)
  • 7mate
  • 9Go!
  • ABC2 (ABC Comedy)
  • SBS VIceland
  • Stan
  • Netflix
  • Amazon
2 Likes

Add C31 to that list :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I doubt very much that C31 would get the Simpsons (Rupert Murdoch HATES community television with a passion!), Stan does not have any FOX content at all, and Netflix only has a handful of FOX shows (How I Met Your Mother and Archer are a couple), FOX recently pulled a lot of titles off Netflix USA obviously to go to a FOX owned streaming service. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fox8 will be the home of new Simpsons, I doubt FOX would onsell the rights to a non-FOX owned network/streaming service.

I know, it was a joke :joy:

3 Likes

Let us have a moment to grieve before moving on. :cry: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I can’t see any reason why Fox8 couldn’t show new Simpsons now that Network Ten no longer has the free to air rights to it, the Simpsons are a FOX show, Fox8 is owned by FOX, surely they have the rights to show their own product! Unless new Simpsons are protected by anti-siphoning legislation which mandate it being shown free to air!

1 Like

Old Brucey and WIN could get a staple for his new network here if he goes out on his own again!

1 Like

Somehow you’re not the first person at this message board who think The Simpsons is on the anti-siphoning list for sports.

EDIT: oh you’re the same guy.

9 Likes

That’s only for sport.

Fox can easily negotiate a deal with Fox8/Foxtel immediately. However, they may not want to because they’d rather make more money from another free to air network deal. As well as showing eps on Fox8.

2 Likes

Is it official?