The Simpsons

Fox supplies Ten with US content, such as The Simpsons, via an output deal, which forces the free-to-air broadcaster to pay large sums of money for its content, regardless of its ratings or advertising performance.

Mr Korda said Fox and CBS will enter negotiations.

“That negotiation could finish in September, October or November,” he said.

“The $3.4 million is if they don’t negotiate a new contract and Fox will obviously not provide content. It’s normal in these circumstances that a negotiated agreement is a good idea.”

“CBS hopes to work with Twentieth Century Fox (Fox) to renegotiate its content agreement,” KordaMentha said in a statement.

“However, should these negotiations fail, Fox will receive a one-off payment of up to $3.4 million against claimed debts.”

1 Like

Fox are denying themselves money if they don’t renegotiate the contract. Otherwise they have to cop the pithy 3.4 million and go home

Rubbish. They have the right to get as much as they can. They’ll go to another broadcaster without much issue. It’s the same tactics they used in NZ and I don’t blame them one iota.

3 Likes

Is Fresh Off The Boat distributed by Fox and Bobs Burgers from Fox? If they are doesn’t make sense as to why they would take off The Simpsons as those other one or two shows are also Fox (I think?). Why haven’t they pulled Bob’s Burgers then?

Probably part of seperate deals and/or terms

I have a feeling there’s going to be an uproar with no explanation from Eleven to people who aren’t “in the know”, though some are aware of the new CBS ownership, some of their recent videos are littered with comments of the confusion to the change of schedule.

Lol, that’s some good reading. Someone else is upset that Family Fued is on, instead of Frasier. Click through and they live in Newcastle.

Surely if WIN aren’t doing the 6pm local news in Newcastle, there’s no reason for the Fued to be on Eleven?

How is Ten removing The Simpsons not unusual?

I’ve checked through every guide i could find in the last 25 years. Simpsons was always there. :slight_smile:
i think the comm games in 2010 is the only time it had a break.

1 Like

Wish I could’ve had a Monday evening like yours :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

what’s that saying about people in glass houses…?

6 Likes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrnfPeGW8AAbL54.jpg

7 Likes

C’mon now, it takes a lot of time and effort to research the year each film mentioned on MediaSpy was released.

4 Likes

Glass houses or a dome? I’d request that Eleven play that from The Simpsons but apparently they’ve lost the rights.

Anyhow, even after all these years, seeing the Simpsons on FTA is still such a shock after Southern Cross barely ever showed it with the dual affiliations.

1 Like

Admittedly, every guide I could find was here on @TelevisionAU, and there weren’t that many guides uploaded dated after 1993.

During the last 25 years, Simpsons was broadcast at either 6pm or 7pm weeknights (or both) with either new episodes or repeats at 7:30pm/8:00pm on various weeknights/Sundays.

1 Like

You can also check the TV guides on The Canberra Times’ archives via Trove, which goes up to 31st December 1995: http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/title/11

1 Like

Ten/Eleven have been hammered on social media by Simpsons fans wanting to know why the show has disappeared overnight. Ten owe it to the fans to make some sort of announcement on the show’s current status.

8 Likes

Clearly, those fans are mental. There are so many other ways to watch that show.

1 Like

Maybe they took this woman’s advice to stop showing the same episodes … so just totally got rid of it!

https://twitter.com/Mrs_JoeSugg/status/903196825691185152

4 Likes

Not that are both free and legal…

1 Like

The way you guys constantly bang on about fast tracking and watching programs via other means, I would have thought watching repeats on free to air would be the last thing you’d be doing.

4 Likes